Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for discussing changing bags. If you want to buy and sell changing bags, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards.

Water/Rainproof Changing Bag

(10 Posts)
HeatherD80 Wed 09-Dec-15 08:15:44

I live in Scotland and it's winter - I need a changing bag that can handle really wet weather without everything getting wet inside. Any suggestions? It's not that I'd set out in terrible weather but it changes so fast this time of year that you can set out in bright sunshine and get a downpour the next minute. I put my current changing bag (a babymoov) in the basket below and it was still saturated. I need a replacement ASAP!

Artandco Wed 09-Dec-15 08:17:25

A leather bag. Wear a leather shoulder bag. When it rains put umbrella up.

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Wed 09-Dec-15 08:19:40

I got myself a north face backpack as a change bag. I'm not really a handbag type, plus it is waterproof and seemed much more practical for me and my lifestyle. Plus I'll use it when the nappy days are over thank god!

ceeveebee Wed 09-Dec-15 08:23:31

I'd get a rucksack with a waterproof cover. Doesn't need to specifically be a changing bag. Try looking in sports/ cycling/running/sailing equipment shops

HeatherD80 Wed 09-Dec-15 08:37:58

I did think about a hiking bag, but I'd really like to attach it to the pram instead of having to wear it or use up all my basket space with it. Do you attach your back packs to the pram?

patterkiller Wed 09-Dec-15 08:45:17

My DH cycles to work and just uses a regular back pack bag but puts a drybag inside. It keeps everything really dry. I actually use them for beach days and waterpark trips too. Really cheap on eBay and sits inside any pretty bag I chose.

Maplessglobe Wed 09-Dec-15 08:49:13

A kanken has handles at the top and is waterproof. I use mine as a changing bag

Maplessglobe Wed 09-Dec-15 08:51:17

Like this:

HeatherD80 Wed 09-Dec-15 09:47:13

I really like the dry bag idea and I'm going to check out the Kanken ☺. It frustrates me how changing bags appear to be marketed on how cute they are as a handbag and not on how practical they are.

Maplessglobe Wed 09-Dec-15 09:54:35

Yeah. and mostly they're ugly anyway
I had an oilily one before too which zipped up and was waterproof, although wasn't marketed as such. The kanken is super easy though.

...And I fit in with all the students around here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now