Talk

Advanced search

Blower motor issues

(4 Posts)
november90 Wed 20-Jan-21 14:17:55

I have a Honda Civic 2011 and I'm having issues with my blowers I think the blower motor might need replacing as the pressure has been dipping for a while and now intermittently not working at all. Can't get it in until next Tuesday and I'm worrying about price! I know nobody can give me a quote but does anyone have any idea roughly how much this costs?

OP’s posts: |
muddledmidget Wed 20-Jan-21 14:23:08

Different car (206) but our garage has just charged £50 to fit it. They had trouble sourcing the part and couldn't get it through any of their usual suppliers so gave us the part number and we bought it off ebay for £40 and they just fitted it. Not sure if that's good news or not for you

november90 Wed 20-Jan-21 14:53:04

Thank you! That's much better then what I've been thinking 🙈😩
What issues were you having with your blowers? The pressure hasn't been great with mine on and off for a while and just earlier I turned my ignition on and they wouldn't work at all! They've come back on now but there's a little buzzing noise. Hot and cold modes are both working so I don't believe it's the heating metrix or a fuse.... I'm fairly confident it's the blower motor!

OP’s posts: |
muddledmidget Wed 20-Jan-21 15:31:14

It's my husbands car but I think he'd been having trouble for quite a while with it intermittently not working, only working on full, and then failed to work at all

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in