Talk

Advanced search

Fiat 500/Warning Lights when indicating

(3 Posts)
soloedition Tue 22-Dec-20 21:15:21

Some of you may remember I posted last week about the 2014 1.2L Fiat 500 Pop I purchased as i was worried about it being unreliable- looks like that’s come back to bite me!

I’ve had the car less than 24 hours and when Indicating right, the engine coolant and seatbelt warning lights come on?! - they don’t flash when indicating left or at any other time and I didn’t notice this when test driving the car but noticed it straight away after collecting it! I spoke to the dealer I bought the car from and they said to book it into my local garage and they’ll sort it out if they invoice them.

I’ve booked it into my local fiat garage tomorrow morning and apparently it sounds like it’s going to be an expensive job as the instrument cluster/console? (No good at the correct terminology!) is going to need replaced!. It’s £90 just for the diagnostic and then at least £500 for the part plus labour confused. I’m worried the original dealer is going to refuse to pay if it’s too expensive! Do I have a leg to stand on with having the car less then a day? Can’t really afford to foot the bill myself!

OP’s posts: |
Elai1978 Wed 23-Dec-20 17:21:48

Yes, you can reject it for any fault within the first 30 days. It does sound like some kind of short within the cluster itself.

JacobReesMogadishu Wed 23-Dec-20 17:27:43

I would certainly talk to them and get them to ok the bill before getting the work done, in writing as well!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in