Talk

Advanced search

Skoda Kamiq

(8 Posts)
Timbucktime Tue 22-Dec-20 10:09:49

Does anybody have a Skoda Kamiq?
I’m looking for a small SUV and quite like the look of this, well via YouTube videos.
As I can’t go and see one in a garage at the moment I was wondering if anyone has one and can give me some feedback on it please.

OP’s posts: |
MikeDryden Tue 22-Dec-20 20:01:11

Ooh I’m getting mine tomorrow! I’ve gone for the SE model. The reviews have been really positive, and I’ve watched a ton of them!!!

I’m so excited, I’ve been waiting a couple of months since ordering. I’ll report back if you like?

Timbucktime Tue 22-Dec-20 21:50:06

@MikeDryden
That would be great. Thanks

TeaAndHobnob Tue 22-Dec-20 21:55:10

We got ours in March, 2 weeks before the lockdown grin - talk about excellent timing.

Love it, it's a great car. We have the SE 1.5 dsg.

Timbucktime Wed 23-Dec-20 15:02:21

Wonderful, do you find the driving position is higher than say an Astra?
I need something higher than an ordinary car like an Astra but don’t need one as high as say a Nissan Qashqui.
I struggle to get in and out our a normal car

TeaAndHobnob Wed 23-Dec-20 22:18:54

It's not an SUV driving position, it's very similar to a normal family car. I had a fiesta before, so it was higher than that was definitely, and easier to get in and out. But compared to something like a Astra, which I think it's a bit bigger? I don't think it will be hugely different but maybe enough for what you need.

brusselsprout5 Wed 23-Dec-20 22:21:44

I have this car. Had it since end Oct. Love it so far. I wouldn't say the driving position is high though. It's a good looking family car. We like the boot space & it's roomy enough for 4 of us easily (2 car seats in back).
I have the auto version which I really like but I just do town driving in the main.

Timbucktime Fri 25-Dec-20 18:14:47

Thank you all, very helpful.
Hopefully car showrooms will open up again here soon so I can test drive one.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in