Talk

Advanced search

3 x teenagers - what family car?

(9 Posts)
Springiscoming20 Sat 12-Dec-20 19:22:25

Need to replace our xc90 (has died) with something as a main family car. Our kids will be teens soon and we are a v tall family so need leg room and head height. Plus a high chassis as I have a bad back. The Volvo is a hard act size wise to follow but was unreliable so not keen for another. Any thoughts? Really loves the Tiguan but don’t think it’s big enough in the back seat for 3 x teens. Thanks

OP’s posts: |
BackforGood Sat 12-Dec-20 23:29:20

I like our Zafira.

Pyewhacket Sat 12-Dec-20 23:38:48

I drive a pukka Land Rover. Loads of room for the shopping, dogs and kids. Also means you don't have to worry about getting the interior and seats all smeggy. Built like a brick shit-house and great in the snow , floods and on camping trips. Getting quite expense to buy nowadays, no idea what the new ones are like.

WoahBodyforrrm Sat 12-Dec-20 23:40:35

We have an Audi Q7 which is very spacious. It is a 7 seater though. There is a 5 seat version which may be worth looking at but I couldn't say whether the seats would be as roomy 🚘

TeaBanditTeej Sat 12-Dec-20 23:42:33

Springiscoming20

Need to replace our xc90 (has died) with something as a main family car. Our kids will be teens soon and we are a v tall family so need leg room and head height. Plus a high chassis as I have a bad back. The Volvo is a hard act size wise to follow but was unreliable so not keen for another. Any thoughts? Really loves the Tiguan but don’t think it’s big enough in the back seat for 3 x teens. Thanks

Hyundai Tucson - brilliant car. 😊

user89 Sat 12-Dec-20 23:58:15

Second the Tucson, we love ours

Springiscoming20 Sun 13-Dec-20 17:14:29

Thank you all. We’ve ruled out q7 and Land Rover on cost (but would love either). I love the look of a Tucson but i worry they are going to be too small. Will have a look. Will check out the Zafira!

OP’s posts: |
chocolateoranges33 Sun 13-Dec-20 22:26:30

Have a look at the C4 grand picasso/spacetourer. Its 7 seats but you can leave the 2 seats in the boot down and it doesnt effect the size of the boot. It's got 3 full size rear seats which all move independently. I've just bought my 2nd one as it suits us so well and is a great reliable and reasonably priced car. We have 2 teenagers and a very large isofix toddler seat that spins so takes up a lot of room. It has lots of leg and head room and no one ever feels squashed. Thoroughly recommend.

MiddleClassMother Sun 27-Dec-20 00:36:45

I have a Range Rover and it could certainly fit 3 teens in the back. It's absolutely massive though and took a while to learn to park properly. Not sure what your budget is but there is cheaper Range Rover models too.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in