Talk

Advanced search

Dacia Duster, anyone got one? Fell in love but now read the poor reviews.

(6 Posts)
Blueberriesonmyshreddies Thu 26-Nov-20 10:15:39

Are there any Dacia Duster drivers out there?

What do you think of it? Reviews say it is slow to accelerate with little power to get you out of trouble if needed.

The reason we are considering it is it is a relatively cheap 4x4 (if you choose that option) which we need in the winter to get around where we live or we hibernate. Looking at the Prestige model.

We need it to carry bulky items but it is not intended to be a workhorse (not on a farm for example).

I know it's a bigger car but a smaller car won't give us the space we need. Open to alternative suggestions but love the square shape at the back. Not found anything else that gives me the 'oooh love it' feeling.

OP’s posts: |
Elai1978 Thu 26-Nov-20 18:25:07

They’re cheap and cheerful but a lot of owners love ‘em. Have you test driven one? If not see if you can get an extended drive and drive on a variety of roads. Give it a good hammering and see if the performance is likely to be adequate.

Blueberriesonmyshreddies Thu 26-Nov-20 22:09:47

Waiting for a chance to test drive. Not sure what the lifting of restrictions will mean to car dealerships, have to wait and see.

Just wondered what the people who own one thought of it.

axile234 Sat 12-Dec-20 19:06:29

I was looking to change my Peugeot 2008 . and considered this car . but as many have said cheap and cheerful. Now own a lovely 18 plate Ford Titanium Kuga on par with the Duster but more bang for your bucks .

Toomanycases Sat 12-Dec-20 19:08:13

We had one on a weeks trial. It was ok, my dh thought it was tinny. The bloke who picked it up said they should be called Dacia dustbins! I probably would have just kept it as I’m not fussy about cars really.

Blueberriesonmyshreddies Tue 15-Dec-20 06:17:41

Thank you all, we decided against and went for a Peugeot 3008 in the end.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in