Talk

Advanced search

Any Nissan Leaf owners on here?

(18 Posts)
leafcar Tue 03-Nov-20 11:29:53

I've just purchased a 2015 80kw Acenta 24kwh Nissan Leaf and I'm so excited to be picking it up tomorrow!

This will be my own first car, our family car is a 1.2 petrol Peugeot 3008 auto.

Any fellow Leaf owners on here? How to you find it? Any tips/don'ts with an electric car? grin

OP’s posts: |
Acacia123 Tue 03-Nov-20 13:13:41

Yes, me! We are in year 3 in our 2015 Leaf and absolutely love it. Get the apps on your phone ie the Nissan one, zap map, and any charging accounts. You'll suffer a bit of range anxiety to start with but that fades (I am a bit gung ho and will happily go below 10 miles remaining). You'll have to plan longer trips but you will get used to that. We've got solar panels and a zappy charger and often get a full charge from the sun which is an added bonus. Have fun!

leafcar Tue 03-Nov-20 13:44:03

@Acacia123 thanks for your reply, so glad to hear you love yours! 😁 can I ask where did you purchase the solar panels, and do you have a 3.3kw charger or 6.6?
Mine is coming with a 3.3kw charger and I'm not sure how long it'll take to charge!

Acacia123 Tue 03-Nov-20 14:03:00

Gosh, panels went up 6 years or so and I dont recall who installed I am afraid. Also not sure about the KW of the charger, although I should know! I guess at home it would take about 5 or 6 hours to charge from zero to full. At a fast charger on the motorway around 40 minutes.

UnconsideredTrifles Mon 16-Nov-20 11:26:20

It's so good to see a positive comment! My lovely car has just been written off (sobs) and I'm hoping to replace with a Nissan Leaf. How did you choose yours @leafcar? Are you enjoying it?

leafcar Mon 16-Nov-20 12:57:15

UnconsideredTrifles

It's so good to see a positive comment! My lovely car has just been written off (sobs) and I'm hoping to replace with a Nissan Leaf. How did you choose yours *@leafcar*? Are you enjoying it?

@UnconsideredTrifles
Most importantly, I made sure to check that the battery had full health, I.e. 12 bars next to where the estimated range is (if you Google battery health you'll be able to see what I mean).
I've read that once the first bar goes, it makes a big difference to the mileage you'll get so I wanted to start as good as possible.

Another thing you might want to look into is the range, I have a 24Kw 2015 Leaf and when it's charged to 100% it estimates about 80ish miles so if you're a longer distance driver, it may be worth getting a 30kw although I'm not sure it would actually make that much difference! smile

leafcar Mon 16-Nov-20 13:06:18

@UnconsideredTrifles forgot to mention I'm absolutely loving it btw! It's so nippy and responsive, our family car is a 67 plate Peugeot 3008 auto and in comparison to the leaf, it is sooo laggy and slow!
The fact the leaf is electric makes it instant power with the pedals and I love that.

The boot is also surprisingly big and easily fits my pram (M&P Ocarro) and some shopping in grin

I find the seats very comfy too, and passengers have mentioned this as well.

UnconsideredTrifles Mon 16-Nov-20 15:12:47

Thank you @leafcar! That's really helpful. I'd been planning to get one in a few years but I'm now having to learn about them quickly! I'm so glad you're enjoying yours.

JustPurple Mon 16-Nov-20 15:23:33

I have one. I really like it for the most part. It's nippy, I can preheat the car when it's cold outside, and I don't have to plan journeys to the petrol station.

I have the Octopus Agile electric tariff so actually made money on the electric bill by charging last night. That was quite nice.

UnconsideredTrifles Mon 16-Nov-20 16:16:05

Wow, that sounds amazing @JustPurple!

JustPurple Mon 16-Nov-20 16:22:02

We're definitely converts.

We gave it a try after reading about it on Leaf owners' FB group. Ite been really helpful.

Hmmph Mon 16-Nov-20 16:29:30

We have a Leaf and love it. Long journeys take a bit of planning (we can only go 80 miles), but we really enjoy the stopping now (Although may have replaced petrol costs with coffee and other random junk the children suddenly need at service station costs!)

We also have Octopus energy.

And it is so nippy. I love putting my foot down and just going!

jwilf Fri 20-Nov-20 14:55:03

Yes, we have a 2017 30kWh and it's brilliant. Most journeys are local (South London) but for longer trips the extra range of the 30 is worth it in my opinion. Back in July we did a 100 mile round trip to an NT garden. Got back home with 11% left. Also means we can get to Brighton and back (my home town) without charging, if we take it easy.

I probably overpaid a bit for the car, but the running costs are peanuts and it's so nice to drive. We have a 16mo DS and the bugaboo fits in the boot no problem.

In the winter, it's so nice to preheat the car from your phone. Getting into a lovely warm car after a chilly walk in the park is pure luxury. I even hooked it up to Google assistant so I can just say "hey Google, warm up the car". OK I'm showing off now! grin

Trailing1 Fri 20-Nov-20 15:03:46

My mother in law has one and she loves it. I dont know much about the technical aspects of the car so I cannot comment on that but she hasn't had any problems with the car.

UnconsideredTrifles Sun 22-Nov-20 17:30:22

That's it, I've put down a deposit on a Leaf! Thanks everyone grin

leafcar Sun 22-Nov-20 20:01:52

@UnconsideredTrifles that's amazing! Congrats 😁 what model have you gone for?

UnconsideredTrifles Mon 23-Nov-20 07:56:43

It's a 2014 Visia (not vodka, thank you autocorrect!). I'm a bit scared of driving it - it's so different from the older manuals I'm used to!

leafcar Mon 23-Nov-20 08:54:35

UnconsideredTrifles

It's a 2014 Visia (not vodka, thank you autocorrect!). I'm a bit scared of driving it - it's so different from the older manuals I'm used to!

Lovely! I'm sure you'll quickly get used to it honestly, I couldn't imagine driving a manual now, it's super nippy and smooth to drive. Let us know how you get on grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in