Talk

Advanced search

C-class saloon / A-class saloon / BMW 2 Series Gran Coupé Or BMW X2?

(17 Posts)
MrsA2017 Tue 13-Oct-20 14:02:23

As above really! Any opinions?

OP’s posts: |
FartingInTheFence Tue 13-Oct-20 14:26:41

Yes.

They are all German, and therefore overpriced, underequipped, highly unreliable, expensive to fix and overall are shit.

Think that pretty much covers it.

MrsA2017 Tue 13-Oct-20 14:29:18

Er, thanks @FartingInTheFence! grin

FartingInTheFence Tue 13-Oct-20 14:34:15

You did ask. 👍

But seriously, they are all fucking shite though.

MrsA2017 Tue 13-Oct-20 15:10:02

But also seemingly the preferred company car range that I need to choose from!

FartingInTheFence Tue 13-Oct-20 17:13:01

Talk about drip feeding.....

What other choices do you have apart from that selection of German tat??

Mistymonday Tue 13-Oct-20 17:14:03

TeslaModel S. The future. you’re welcome.

weathervane1 Tue 13-Oct-20 17:17:33

Not to add any fuel to the fire... I'm responsible for company cars in my organisation. Everything from Japanese to German to all snd everything in between. On balance, I'd go for the BMWs in your list... more expensive than (day) fords etc but mechanically and engineering-wise fat batter constructed. You will get less "toys" for your money but on the other hand you will get a we'll engineered car will well fitted parts, good design and safe as hell. Over three years, the BMWs cost us far less than similarly priced UK or Japanese / far east cars. People who say otherwise tend to be people who cannot afford a decent car.

MrsA2017 Tue 13-Oct-20 18:12:44

@weathervane1 Thank you for a helpful response - much appreciated smile

Dawnlassie Tue 13-Oct-20 19:26:20

How about you list the requirements from your car. Then we might be in a better position to answer. Struggle to believe the approved list is limited to these cars alone.

Dawnlassie Tue 13-Oct-20 19:28:11

mechanically and engineering-wise fat batter constructed

They are really not. Triumph of marketing over substance.

FartingInTheFence Tue 13-Oct-20 19:52:44

On balance, I'd go for the BMWs in your list... more expensive than (day) fords etc but mechanically and engineering-wise fat batter constructed

What a load of fucking bollocks. German cars are always at the bottom of reliability charts - ruled at the top by Japanese/Korean auto makers.

If German cars were better "engineering wise", they wouldnt be mechanically fucking shite. But they are. In over 25 years of me reading reliability charts, I dont recall a single German car ever being at the top for reliability thanks to its "engineering". Utter bollocks.

MrsA2017 Wed 14-Oct-20 09:37:39

@FartingInTheFence are you okay? You seem a little bit unhappy ☹️

FartingInTheFence Wed 14-Oct-20 10:11:34

MrsA2017

*@FartingInTheFence* are you okay? You seem a little bit unhappy ☹️

Happy as Larry.

So what other vehicles are you able to select??

Elai1978 Wed 14-Oct-20 12:27:36

I do enjoy driving BMW M cars but the big standard things on your list are just junk. In terms of build quality and engineering the Japanese have the Germans well and truly bent over. BMW can only dream of building cars as well as Lexus.

YoBeaches Wed 14-Oct-20 19:09:33

I'd go for either the c class merc or the x2 and my lifestyle would make the choice. Do you have kids? Do you need boot space etc etc I prefer the inside of the merc so how many hours a month will you spend in it.

Nothingoriginalhere Wed 14-Oct-20 19:16:48

I have BMW 225xe. m sport and I love it! combined mpg is 68mpg on my commute, although ekectric only is only 18 miles ish.
I have had it a year almost and no issues whatsoever.
Its very similar to the x2 and does have 4 wheel drive.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in