Talk

Advanced search

Car suggestions please

(7 Posts)
northernsquirrel Mon 21-Sep-20 10:27:24

Has anyone worked out of their car before? Community worker and spend an hour or two at a time typing up after visits on my laptop. Love my current car (fiesta) but my back doesn't! Would be very grateful for suggestions of cars with comfortable seats and space at the front where I can work reasonable. No other requirements.
Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
RandomMess Mon 21-Sep-20 10:35:39

My 5 seater C4 Picasso is very roomy - if you sit in the back there is a drop down table on the back of the front seats?

Easily fits an adult in the back even when the passenger front seat is quite far back.So I would work out of the back.

NastyBlouse Mon 21-Sep-20 12:20:51

In general, the most supportive seats are (or have been) in Volvos, Saabs and Lexuses. So depending on your budget you might look at those.

I've had a Saab before (I had a 9-5 estate until quite recently) and it was certainly extremely comfortable and supportive, with lots of adjustability. I never worked in it like you describe, but I did do plenty of long drives between London, Devon and Glasgow and never got a sore back.

Yesyoudoknowme Mon 21-Sep-20 12:28:33

Just changed my Fiesta (LOVED it but was getting a bit low to get in and out of) and bought a Hyundai Kona - seats are really good (I too suffer with my back). Boot is small but that doesn't matter for me - and plenty of room in front.

RandomMess Mon 21-Sep-20 12:34:46

We ended up with the Picasso to fit 3 teens in the back plus 6'3" all knees and legs DH in the front passenger.

We are struggling to match it for space in the front to downsize now they are all driving themselves!!!

Shouldershrugger Mon 21-Sep-20 12:35:35

I drive a Ford kuga and the interior is really spacious. That's what drew me to the car instantly. I had it in my head to get an audi a3. But as soon as I got in it, I knew it wasn't the car for me. Its really cramped inside, in my opinion. No one jump down my throat please. Its just my opinion. Try a kuga for sure.

northernsquirrel Mon 21-Sep-20 19:40:55

Thanks for everyone's suggestions...lots to look at now!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in