Talk

Advanced search

Audi Q7 for a family of 5?

(33 Posts)
Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 07:59:57

Hello,
Unexpectedly pg with dc3. We currently have a qashqaui and love it.
Mon- fri it will be fine as dc1 is old enough to sit in the front on the school run with 2 car seats in the back. We need something bigger for when we go places on weekends ect and all of us are in the car together.
We have looked at the Volvo 90. The Land Rover and the Audi that have the 2 extra seats in the back for occasional use.
I liked the Audi more as the boot seats were also isoix and it seemed to have the most room and dc1 said it was most comfortable.
We also looked at the x trail but the boot seats were very small and dc1 could barely get in them.

Has anyone got any advice for us please?! We want a bigger car so nothing like the ford s max something high up.
Thank you

gubbsywubbsy Sun 17-Feb-19 08:09:00

What about the Kia ? I have a sportage ( same aize as yours ) but there is a bigger one ( name evades me ) which is the same size as the q7 but much cheaper . I love my Kia , it's well appointed and well made .

needmorepizzainmydiet Sun 17-Feb-19 08:09:55

Tiguan Allspace?

gubbsywubbsy Sun 17-Feb-19 08:11:59

Sorrento

Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 08:15:02

Thank you! I didn’t realise there was a bigger Kia. Is it realiable?
I will look at all these today thank you

LongtimeLurker29 Sun 17-Feb-19 08:17:57

Kia sorento

Helpmedecide123 Sun 17-Feb-19 08:19:43

Family of 5 here and we have an S Max Vignale. Great car with plenty of room.

Bigonesmallone3 Sun 17-Feb-19 08:20:02

We looked at the q7 but decided on the discovery4 as (I think) its a better looking car, has 7 seats or a huge boot!
I also like that all seats are individual rather than a row IYKWIM

MilkItTilITurnItIntoCheese Sun 17-Feb-19 08:22:05

I had a q7 for 5 years. Fabulous car. Expensive on tax but nothing went wrong at all in the time and it was over 12 years old when we sold it (got a smaller car).

celtiethree Sun 17-Feb-19 08:24:01

We had a Q7 and loved it. Was actually very easy to park with the parking sensors. Loads of room inside.

Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 08:30:06

Thank you.
How was it on fuel?

Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 08:31:11

I’ll look at the discovery 4 I think that’s the one we saw and it seemed smaller?! We had the kids with us mind so we looked as much as we could with the carnage. Making a short list to go back without them and look properly

celtiethree Sun 17-Feb-19 08:33:53

It was always quite painful when you had to fill it up - but was ok, can’t remember mileage now. I imagine fuel efficiency has improved as we bought ours quite a few years ago.

Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 08:36:59

Thanks. We are looking around the 40k mark so none will be brand new, the 2016 model looks to have had updated features and we could go for that year. We are going to make do till September when the new plates come out so the might be more to the market.

CottonSock Sun 17-Feb-19 08:37:11

My dad had a Sorrento and it was a great car. I didn't travel well in back row, but adults don't tend too. But if you can afford an Audi, it's probably a better car. We drive a Kia estate car, and it's nice, just not as nice as an Audi.

Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 08:38:50

If the sorento is good tho we will look at it. I just need a high up 7 seater really and I’m not overly concerned by the make, it just needs to take a battering well from my family and stop start traffic where we live

Bigonesmallone3 Sun 17-Feb-19 08:38:50

Avoid the discovery sport as they r tiny! But the boot capacity in the discovery 4 is actually over 350l bigger than the q7!
(That's with back two seats down in both)

We have had ours for a month now and have actually never put the back two seats up!
I am also pregnant with dc3
Congratulations

Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 08:39:56

Thank you. It’s a huge shock and aparently I can’t sue microgynol as it happens 😂
On full “we will cope” mode and getting organised and practical quickly

Shookethtothecore Sun 17-Feb-19 08:40:12

Congratulations to you aswell flowers

CottonSock Sun 17-Feb-19 08:40:48

Look at the Santa fe too.

tanstaafl Sun 17-Feb-19 08:42:36

@gubby Kia Sorento?

Audi-Phile in work has given up on them and moved over to Kia, the Sorento model. Raves about the built-in spec, the economy (diesel) and quietness.

There’s a big Skoda , the Kodiak maybe, based on the VW Tiguan.

A bigger list maybe.. www.motorpoint.co.uk
On the search box, pick ‘more search options’ , then pick ‘4x4s’ then hit ‘Search’ underneath.
You get a big list come back.
Look down the left pane, lower down there will be a ‘Seats’ option.
Open that, pick 7 and hit the ‘Update Results’.

Happy shopping!

Bowchicawowow Sun 17-Feb-19 08:43:05

I would think about an XC 90 or a Skoda Kodiaq. The latter is very good value and probably ticks all your boxes.

PotteringAlong Sun 17-Feb-19 08:43:39

We’ve got a discovery 3. Old as the hills and completely genius for us as a family because you can bung everything in and there are no problems.

Sabulous Sun 17-Feb-19 08:51:03

We have the Skoda Kodiaq and love it. It comes in petrol too.
It has only been out for a few years, but regularly tops lists for SUVs. I think the lowest spec (SE) now starts at around £25k new. There used to be a lower spec one (S) that started at £21k, but they stopped making them in September, I think. So with your budget you could get all the bells and whistles!

SherlockSays Sun 17-Feb-19 08:53:32

MIL has the Sorrento, we have an X-Trail.

The Sorrento is wayyyy bigger in terms of boot space and the back 2 seats. I don't even know why we bought a 7 seater to be honest, there's only 3 of us and 2 dogs.

Our dogs are in a crate in the back of the X-trail but there's no room for anything else, there would be loads in MIL's Sorrento.

It's quite a price difference though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: