Talk

Advanced search

Small 7 seaters?

(18 Posts)
lolawoo Sat 16-Feb-19 19:26:01

For various reasons we are looking to upgrade to a 7 seater, although 2 of the seats will only be used occasionally (so perhaps fold down seats)? I've only ever driven hatchbacks so I really don't want anything huge! Does such a thing exist?!

GeorgieTheGorgeousGoat Sat 16-Feb-19 19:37:57

If I’m honest I don’t rate the smaller 7 seaters. I don’t think they are safe and I realise you don’t want a big car because you’re not used to them but you adapt very very quickly. They are much easier to drive than a hatchback, better view and less vulnerable.

I’d recommend an Alhambra if you do go ahead with a larger one.

GoldenBlue Sat 16-Feb-19 19:48:10

I have the qashqai +2 which has 2 small seats behind the normal backseats. They are only really suitable for children. When up the boot is very small, when down the boot size is great. Nice car, lovely to drive

MoMandaS Sat 16-Feb-19 19:49:22

Ford Grand C Max.

doodlejump1980 Sat 16-Feb-19 19:50:03

Vauxhall zafira. We love ours.

BirthdayKake Sat 16-Feb-19 19:53:00

Renault Grand Scenic. Smaller than a Zafira. In fact people constantly ask if we have to go out in two cars because they don't realise mine is a 7 seater!

TransposersArePosers Sat 16-Feb-19 19:53:31

I second the Ford Grand C Max
Slidy back door and the extra 2 seats have enough of a 'drop' to be reasonably comfortable for a small adult. We had the second row of seats with a gap in the middle which worked really well for us.
Rarely used the extra seats so the boot was a decent size.
Drives like a smaller car (based on a focus chassis I think).

We changed to a 5 seater last year and I really miss my Ford!

IWantMyHatBack Sat 16-Feb-19 19:53:33

Touran isn't that much bigger than a golf when you compare the footprint and has the fold down seats in the back.

SoyDora Sat 16-Feb-19 19:54:47

Peugeot 5008

BiscuitDrama Sat 16-Feb-19 19:55:58

Our VW touran was one of the smaller 7 seaters when we bought it a few years ago. It doesn’t feel big.

MotherForkinShirtBalls Sat 16-Feb-19 19:56:50

Ford grand cmax. Love mine.

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 16-Feb-19 19:57:18

We have a Verso and use seats 6+7 maybe twice a year. The only difficulty is that if you have car seats in the proper back seats Toyota do recommend that they are as far back as possible before fitting the children's seat which does impact the usefulness of seats 6+7.

YeOldeTrout Sat 16-Feb-19 19:57:44

We have a touran, works for us.

EekThreek Sat 16-Feb-19 20:00:06

It depends on the reasons for needing the 7 seats. If you're transporting 2+2 children, you need a very different car than if you need to get 3 car seats in the middle row for example.

The VW touran was too small for us - couldn't fit the pushchair in the back with both boot seats up - so that might be one to consider. A friend has a qashqai +2 and it works well when both of her children have a friend along for a lift.

lolawoo Sat 16-Feb-19 20:02:52

So many options, thank you! I'll research them all. Sorry I should have said we have no car seats or pushchairs, we have a 10 and 13 year old and it's for when we need to fit parents / in laws / children's friends in.

TransposersArePosers Sun 17-Feb-19 09:13:54

When we were looking for a 7 seater I went to all the local showrooms and got into the very back seats myself, so that I'd have an idea how easy/difficult it was and whether there was enough legroom etc, which is why I chose the Cmax over the others. I managed to get an ex demo for a really good price in the end, too, which was nice!

Panicmode1 Sun 17-Feb-19 09:18:29

We have a VW Sharan (same as the Seat Alhambra) and it's brilliant, even though we always use the rear seats as we have four children and a large dog....the Touran is, as someone else said, more or less Golf sized. I've just commented on another thread about 7 seaters - we looked at the 'big' 4x4 7 seaters - Q7, XC90, Disco, but the leg/head room in the third row was no better, and in some cases worse than the VW, even with the third row in use.

Linguaphile Mon 18-Feb-19 16:40:45

We have an smax which we love.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »