Talk

Advanced search

We buy any car

(9 Posts)
Habbs Mon 11-Feb-19 09:38:47

Need to sell my car, tempted to just webuyanycar it as they're offering a decent amount and it's relatively hassle free. I have no idea how much my car would get privately, do they underpay significantly or is it actually quite a good site?

iSiTbEdTiMeYeT1 Mon 11-Feb-19 09:45:10

Might be worth 'shopping around' a friend had a good quote, told them about all damage including photos of every tiny scratch. When they took the car in they said they would give less than half what they offered as they didn't disclosure damage.

DamonSalvatoresDinner Mon 11-Feb-19 09:48:00

They underpay a LOT. They give a valuation but then inspect it with a fine toothed comb and offer you way less in person. Any slight scratch is counted.

Take some really good photos and sell it privately. It's more hassle but its financially worth it.
Go onto Auto Trader and get a valuation. It take just a few minutes and it'll give you an idea what to go for.

Decide on the price you want, (usually valuation) and accept that the buyer will want to haggle a bit. Be prepared to drop a tiny bit. Be very honest about the condition and list all the bits and bobs you've had done (new clutch, etc)

Good luck.

Wintermonster Mon 11-Feb-19 09:48:54

I've sold through wbac and found it so easy that I doubt I would do it any other way now.

Describe the car correctly and they have nothing to reduce their valuation on.

It was still more than I would get as a trade in.

SylvanianFrenemies Mon 11-Feb-19 09:50:02

They offered me £30. I sold it privately via Gumtree in a couple of days for £350.

SylvanianFrenemies Mon 11-Feb-19 09:52:03

That £30 offer was online, judging by the above posts I'd have been offered even less if I'd actually gone through with it!

Brickswithstones Mon 11-Feb-19 10:00:49

They offered us £180 and sent weekly reminders reducing their offer by £20 with each reminder.
We sold it privately for £900.

DamonSalvatoresDinner Mon 11-Feb-19 10:28:08

We were offered £1000 for ours. That was before we took it for inspection so no doubt it would have been half that as they would have deducted for anything they could.

We sold it within days for £1500. It really is worth the slight effort.

grumpymummy72 Tue 19-Feb-19 16:11:02

I sold my car through WBAC and they UPPED the online quote when I took it in. No idea how that happened, I must have been too honest. I dIdn't question it though. Second time we went to use them quote was much lower than garage was offering in part-ex.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »