Talk

Advanced search

How to fit 3 car seats across a Dacia Duster?

(6 Posts)
BonjourMinou Sun 03-Feb-19 14:18:47

I'm looking at getting a Dacia Duster because we desperately need a new car and I've heard you can pay for the Dacias in instalments which is what would work for us.
I've read that you can get 3 car seats in the back - when I went for my test drive I found whilst I could line up 3 seats in a row the car seat plug ended up underneath the middle seat.
I'm willing to buy new car seats to make this happen but could do with some tips from current owners on which to buy?
I need 2 high back boosters and 1 ERF.

I currently have a joke I anchor and 2 graco boosters.

BonjourMinou Sun 03-Feb-19 14:19:12

*joie not joke.

BonjourMinou Mon 04-Feb-19 20:30:18

Hopeful bump...

Xiaoxiong Mon 04-Feb-19 20:49:39

Can't you pay for any new car in instalments, or indeed a second hand car if you get finance on it? Does it have to be a Dacia Duster in particular?

I've only been in one once but it didn't seem that roomy in terms of three car seats across the back. The only 3 cars that I think are rated for three car seats across the back are the Seat Alhambra, the Citroen Grand C4 Picasso and the VW Touran. Most others won't fit a third full seat in the middle but if you got a 7 seater that is narrower like a Vauxhall Zafira or a Renault Grand Scenic you could put one of the HBB in the back row.

BonjourMinou Mon 04-Feb-19 21:26:38

It's a money thing... the Dacia is so cheap to begin with it makes the monthly instalments affordable.

I drive an ancient Chrysler grand voyager at the moment and it's driving me crazy, every little thing that goes wrong seems overly complicated to fix and parts so expensive.

Just hoping to be able to afford a newer car that will be less likely to go wrong and cheaper to fix if it does.

Seilerei99 Mon 03-Jun-19 14:38:10

Thought it worth posting this as I have done an incredible amount of research and couldn’t find any up to date info when I was researching this. Obviously this worked for us and might not for other makes of cars. Mothercare allow you to drive up and test the car seats before driving.

We have a BMW Touring (5 series) and didn’t want to change the car.

You can do

Pebble (belted no base) behind driver seat
Britax Eclipse (belted) in middle seat
Britax Advansafix IV R (isofixed in)

Followed by

Britax Eclipse
Maxi Cosi Rodifix AP (belted)
Britax Advansafix IV R

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »