Talk

Advanced search

Hyundai Ioniq or VW Golf or Ford Focus

(6 Posts)
Roxymumoftwokids Sat 29-Dec-18 08:49:00

Hi, I can't decide between these cars. I am a new driver with 2 kids age 3 and 6?
It will be petrol and automatic. Help please. Thanks.

NotAnotherJaffaCake Sat 29-Dec-18 08:57:27

Ioniq or Focus. Golfs are overpriced and basic. If you are buying new, the Hyundai will come with a decent warranty.

That said, I have a Ford (C max) and it’s great.

TheFairyCaravan Sat 29-Dec-18 09:04:45

We had a Golf automatic. It was a really lovely car and far from basic. The only reason we got rid of it was because I'm disabled and had problems getting in and out of it.

UbercornsGoggles Sat 29-Dec-18 09:07:09

The ioniq has a sloping roof and I couldn't sit up straight in the back.

BikeRunSki Sat 29-Dec-18 09:10:00

I have a Golf (and I got it when the dc were 3 and 6). It’s a company car, but I chose it over both the Focus and the Hyundai in offer because it had a lot of features as standard which were extra on the others (I have to pay for any extras) - DAB radio, front and rear parking sensors, heated wing mirrors (amazing in frost), and some other stuff. I really like it, it’s diesel and manual though!

Are you buying new? There’s is a new VW 7 speed petrol engine that is meant to be extremely efficient. The Golf with this engine will replace my current Golf in March.

Notwiththeseknees Sat 29-Dec-18 12:27:05

I've got a petrol Golf auto - it's nearly 18 years old. I bought it s/h for £1500 as a runabout as I have a van for hobbies.
It had one previous lady owner, fish, electric everything - I love that little car. Failed it's MoT for the first time this year. Two new tyres it cost me!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: