Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had a car delivered from finance company?

(8 Posts)
Emz2019 Fri 28-Dec-18 14:06:40

I needed a bigger car and had sold my old one and went to a finance company looking for a bigger car, the company is around a 3 hour drive and have told me they will happily deliver the car for me to my address. I have never heard of this before?

IdClimbHimLikeATree Fri 28-Dec-18 14:08:10

Is the finance company the same brand as the car, ie Honda Car/Honda Finance?

Emz2019 Fri 28-Dec-18 17:07:39

No it’s just a second hand car dealer garage who offer finance. I found them online. They want cash on delivery so I don’t hand over any money before I get the car so seams sort of legit but Iv never heard of it.....

MaxTeyon Fri 28-Dec-18 18:54:58

It certainly is a legitimate thing and happens a lot. Would I buy a second hand car in this way? Absolutely not. Only way I’d have a car delivered was if I’d already seen/inspected/driven it and left a deposit etc.

IdClimbHimLikeATree Fri 28-Dec-18 20:26:00

I work for a motorcycle dealership and we do it quite often. It's not the finance company offering delivery in our case though, it's our company. It can be to do with mileage or not taxing the vehicle before driving it etc. I don't think there's anything dodgy about it but it might be worth securing a decent warranty!

Alexandra2018 Fri 28-Dec-18 20:38:30

Yes I think this is common

WingingWonder Fri 28-Dec-18 20:39:30

Yep mine arrived on a lorry

rslsys Fri 28-Dec-18 20:54:09

I would want an independent check on the car (AA/RAC/Trusted Mechanic) before I parted with a penny.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: