Talk

Advanced search

A car to fit 2 car seats and a bum in the back?

(21 Posts)
Dolphin1986 Thu 27-Dec-18 21:29:03

Evening,

Does anyone have any suggestions for advice on cars that fits 2 car seats and a person (normally me!) In the back of a car?

My husband would ideally like to stay away from 7 seaters, but we're not entirely sure if such a 5 seater car exists with this option.

We do need boot space as we have a buggy and occasionally a wheel chair for his Gran. (Hence the reason I get thrown on the back!)

We would have 2 isofix car seats in the back stages 1-3.

Any suggestions or advice welcome.

Thanks

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 28-Dec-18 08:35:29

Ford S-Max will do the job.

Bamchic Sat 29-Dec-18 08:30:03

I had 2 kids, in various combos of a Graco HBB then a booster cushion and infant carrier (Britax shr ii) then group one (mothercare madrid) and a size 14 lady in the middle of them in the back of a Kia Rio 2010. I also had an oyster max double in the boot, and weekly food shop and a springer spaniel. That thing was a tardis and I loved it. It was also in a 6 car pile up on a dual carriageway and was fantastic.
I gave it to Sil when dp got a company car and it’s still going strong for dneice and dnephew with 2 ERF seats in.

tittietinsel Sat 29-Dec-18 08:35:05

Renault scenic and one of the Citroen Picasso things were the 2 we found with full seats in the back when we were looking. In the end we bought a 7 seater (sharan) so we have the 3 full seats and massive boot space too.

Dolphin1986 Sun 30-Dec-18 20:18:37

Thanks, I'll take a look

Trumpton Sun 30-Dec-18 20:42:55

I have a Citroen Berlingo with a rear facing baby seat in centre and isofix hhb on either side . I can get into middle if I take baby seat out and am reasonably comfortable. I also love the sliding doors . The boot is big enough to put the pushchair in without collapsing it .

Acorncat Sun 30-Dec-18 20:47:57

Honda crv. Skoda rapid, Octavia or superb would fit and cheaper.

MyDcAreMarvel Sun 30-Dec-18 21:20:25

Much better to buy a seven seater and keep two seats flat. Why is your dh against it and why are you in the back?

anniehm Sun 30-Dec-18 21:31:05

Our Mazda 5 would take them, plus has two extra fold flat seats for extras when needed, it's a huge boot without the extra seats, takes two wheelchairs and a border collie!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 30-Dec-18 21:33:46

Toyota Verso. Technically has 7 seats but we almost never use them.

Iknowacrackingowlsanctuary Sun 30-Dec-18 22:00:17

I’ve got a citroen c4 picasso and can easily get 2 ERF car seats in the back and someone in the middle. All 3 seats are full size and isofix so could technically get 3 car seats across the back. The boot is massive too, I fit our double buggy and a pushchair in there with space for shopping. We even managed to pick up 2 wardrobes from Ikea and still had room for one car seat.

tryingtocatchthewind Mon 21-Jan-19 07:11:39

Ford c max has three decent sized seats in the back and a big boot or the grand c max which has two extra seats that flip up

Youmadorwhat Mon 21-Jan-19 07:13:59

Ford smax or c max

BlueChampagne Thu 14-Feb-19 13:45:21

Could get 2 child seats and a (modest) adult bum in the back of my parents' Skoda Octavia. Plus heaps of boot room.

randomsabreuse Thu 14-Feb-19 13:52:23

If you aren't big it's doable for a long journey with 2 RF (2 way elite and infant carrier in an 09 Mondeo. Not convinced it would be comfortable for more than a short trip if 1 or both kids forwards face because shoulder room would be more problematic than bum room - I'm a 28 inch underbust and shoulders were definitely in range of DD's feet

Deadringer Thu 14-Feb-19 13:54:42

Watching this with interest as we are due a new car soon.

twinklestar01 Mon 25-Feb-19 19:03:42

Also thinking about the smax as in the same scenario, can a child sit up front in a seat. Unsure if it's as safe I heard

queenofkale Mon 25-Feb-19 19:08:44

Volvo XC60

I've been in the back of ours a few times when we've had a gran in the car with us. Not hugely comfortable but fine and with two quite big car seats.

Would you need to be in the back all the time or only occasionally?

twinklestar01 Tue 26-Feb-19 08:37:43

I would really like a volvo but expensive for us, dh doesn't believe in credit always pays cash for everything so out budget is £11k. We won't have 3 adults regularly perhaps twice a month

MissMalice Tue 26-Feb-19 08:39:34

The SMax is okay as far as 7 seaters go. It drives like car rather than a van.

TheRealHousewifeofCheshire Tue 26-Feb-19 08:40:28

Ford c max or grande c max

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »