Talk

Advanced search

A car to fit 2 car seats and a bum in the back?

(16 Posts)
Dolphin1986 Thu 27-Dec-18 21:29:03

Evening,

Does anyone have any suggestions for advice on cars that fits 2 car seats and a person (normally me!) In the back of a car?

My husband would ideally like to stay away from 7 seaters, but we're not entirely sure if such a 5 seater car exists with this option.

We do need boot space as we have a buggy and occasionally a wheel chair for his Gran. (Hence the reason I get thrown on the back!)

We would have 2 isofix car seats in the back stages 1-3.

Any suggestions or advice welcome.

Thanks

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 28-Dec-18 08:35:29

Ford S-Max will do the job.

Bamchic Sat 29-Dec-18 08:30:03

I had 2 kids, in various combos of a Graco HBB then a booster cushion and infant carrier (Britax shr ii) then group one (mothercare madrid) and a size 14 lady in the middle of them in the back of a Kia Rio 2010. I also had an oyster max double in the boot, and weekly food shop and a springer spaniel. That thing was a tardis and I loved it. It was also in a 6 car pile up on a dual carriageway and was fantastic.
I gave it to Sil when dp got a company car and it’s still going strong for dneice and dnephew with 2 ERF seats in.

tittietinsel Sat 29-Dec-18 08:35:05

Renault scenic and one of the Citroen Picasso things were the 2 we found with full seats in the back when we were looking. In the end we bought a 7 seater (sharan) so we have the 3 full seats and massive boot space too.

Dolphin1986 Sun 30-Dec-18 20:18:37

Thanks, I'll take a look

Trumpton Sun 30-Dec-18 20:42:55

I have a Citroen Berlingo with a rear facing baby seat in centre and isofix hhb on either side . I can get into middle if I take baby seat out and am reasonably comfortable. I also love the sliding doors . The boot is big enough to put the pushchair in without collapsing it .

Acorncat Sun 30-Dec-18 20:47:57

Honda crv. Skoda rapid, Octavia or superb would fit and cheaper.

MyDcAreMarvel Sun 30-Dec-18 21:20:25

Much better to buy a seven seater and keep two seats flat. Why is your dh against it and why are you in the back?

anniehm Sun 30-Dec-18 21:31:05

Our Mazda 5 would take them, plus has two extra fold flat seats for extras when needed, it's a huge boot without the extra seats, takes two wheelchairs and a border collie!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sun 30-Dec-18 21:33:46

Toyota Verso. Technically has 7 seats but we almost never use them.

Iknowacrackingowlsanctuary Sun 30-Dec-18 22:00:17

I’ve got a citroen c4 picasso and can easily get 2 ERF car seats in the back and someone in the middle. All 3 seats are full size and isofix so could technically get 3 car seats across the back. The boot is massive too, I fit our double buggy and a pushchair in there with space for shopping. We even managed to pick up 2 wardrobes from Ikea and still had room for one car seat.

tryingtocatchthewind Mon 21-Jan-19 07:11:39

Ford c max has three decent sized seats in the back and a big boot or the grand c max which has two extra seats that flip up

Youmadorwhat Mon 21-Jan-19 07:13:59

Ford smax or c max

BlueChampagne Thu 14-Feb-19 13:45:21

Could get 2 child seats and a (modest) adult bum in the back of my parents' Skoda Octavia. Plus heaps of boot room.

randomsabreuse Thu 14-Feb-19 13:52:23

If you aren't big it's doable for a long journey with 2 RF (2 way elite and infant carrier in an 09 Mondeo. Not convinced it would be comfortable for more than a short trip if 1 or both kids forwards face because shoulder room would be more problematic than bum room - I'm a 28 inch underbust and shoulders were definitely in range of DD's feet

Deadringer Thu 14-Feb-19 13:54:42

Watching this with interest as we are due a new car soon.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: