Talk

Advanced search

mondeo / BMW 5Series Estate with car seats

(12 Posts)
HJWT Tue 18-Dec-18 13:02:09

Would love to hear some review on these cars and maybe see some pics if anyone has them (space for car seats, boot space, roof bars etc) .... thanks in advance x

HJWT Wed 19-Dec-18 18:09:05

Anyone?

MrsAmaretto Mon 14-Jan-19 15:23:22

I’ve a 2011 Mondeo (saloon, not estate) it has a massive boot, absolutely huge. It’s downside, for me, is the fact that that with 2 car seats in the back (erf or hbb) you can’t get anyone bigger than a size 6, in the middle seat. The car is large so the fact it can’t sit 5 people in it is a downside for me.,

Wouldyouorshouldyou Mon 14-Jan-19 15:25:05

My experience of a 5 series is not as big as a Mondeo in the back and if a Mondeo will struggle them so will a 5 series.

MrsAmaretto Mon 14-Jan-19 15:27:15

Oh, I have a 2.0 petrol, goes like a bat out of hell - love that smile So I like the car and would have another one if I never needed to have more than 4 people. It’s got great features, very comfy, I’ve had it 7 years and just had to replace the pads or discs. So very reliable in my opinion

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Mon 14-Jan-19 15:28:32

We had a BMW 5 series estate, but our boys were teenagers, so didn’t need car seats. It is a really comfortable car, both as a passenger, and to drive. Ours was an automatic, and I really liked it - dh loved it and still misses ours - we sold it when it failed its MOT.

HJWT Mon 14-Jan-19 16:14:35

@SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius thats such a shame as some garages will fail a car to get money out of you!

HJWT Mon 14-Jan-19 16:16:09

I think we will go for a new mondeo estate when we finally get a new car this year, we will only be having the 2 children in the back but they will be in carseats, will need a roof box though for the holidays !

SDTGisAnEvilWolefGenius Mon 14-Jan-19 17:04:18

You might want to consider the Mercedes E class estate - they are really spacious, lots of leg room in the back - and the back seat is flat from side to side, little or no shaped padding at the edges - which might make putting child seats in easier. We have had two E class estates, and love them.

They are also apparently popular in Germany as taxis, because they are so spacious and because they stand up well to hard use - dh has been in ones with huge mileage that still look good inside and out, and also are just as comfortable to travel in as new ones.

MaxTeyon Mon 14-Jan-19 19:53:16

Oh, I have a 2.0 petrol, goes like a bat out of hell

Lol, I don’t think you’ve ever been in a car that goes like a bat out of hell. You don’t say whether you have a Mondeo or a 5 Series but both are big heavy cars and are pretty slow with 2 litre petrol engine.

MaxTeyon Mon 14-Jan-19 19:54:32

You don’t say whether you have a Mondeo or a 5 Series

Sorry, yes you do! But still a 2.0 Mondeo is Sloooooow

HJWT Tue 15-Jan-19 06:55:27

@MaxTeyon so are you here to give advice or just criticise peoples choice in engine in size ? 😂

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: