Talk

Advanced search

Seven seater and boot for car seats and disabled

(13 Posts)
Dalesgirl16 Wed 28-Nov-18 09:47:53

Can anyone advise? We need to find car to fit two in the front, then two car seats and then two disabled elderly at the back. We would need room in the back for newborn and toddler buggies. What could fit us? I also wondered if the elderly can get in the back ok without middle chairs needed to be bent over (as they can't because they will have car seats attached)? Thanks for any recommendations.

Dalesgirl16 Wed 28-Nov-18 19:47:40

Bump? Any massive car drivers ?

mummyhaschangedhername Wed 28-Nov-18 19:55:57

Two elderly in the back??

Most people carriers you would struggle to get adults in the back, more so if they have limited mobility, so I guess it means what you mean by elderly. If seats are up in rear you will lose almost all bit Space.

We have a van, a VW transporter which would meet all you needs but would be much bigger than a normal people carrier.

mummyhaschangedhername Wed 28-Nov-18 19:56:16

* boot Space

Theonewiththecat Wed 28-Nov-18 20:01:16

One of my friends has a Mitsubishi Shogun (the big one) you can't get adults in the back easily, and if you're taller than 4ft it's really uncomfortable.
I would second the pps digestion of a transporter.

Dalesgirl16 Wed 28-Nov-18 20:02:06

Yes the elderly would have to be right at the back as I will have a new born and toddler to get in and out from the middle. I think it will have to be van sized. Does your Transporter fit all the three rows to get in and out easily plus have boot space? Thanks

Theonewiththecat Wed 28-Nov-18 20:03:33

Suggestion not digestion 😂😂

babysharkah Wed 28-Nov-18 20:07:05

I don't think the two elderly in the back is practicable unless they're very agile even in a van set up. There's climbing involved.

We've driven mil to France in our 7 seater but you have to climb in through the boot unless you want to take all the kids seats out to pull back the main unit if that makes sense.

Howareya123 Wed 28-Nov-18 20:11:09

Could you have the van modified with a ramp or lift at the back? Not sure how much boot space you'd be left with though if you had to do that? A ramp might be best as could be placed flat when not in use!

xyzandabc Wed 28-Nov-18 20:16:24

When we've been to Canada, we've hired a Dodge Grand Caravan. That would do you well. The middle row is 2 big single seats with an aisle down the middle, and it's big, so people can just walk down the aisle to get to the back seats, no climbing over other seat, no climbing in to the boot and no having to tip chairs up to get passed them.
We easily fitted 7 people and luggage for 5 in it with room to spare.
I wonder if they are available in the UK??

Dalesgirl16 Wed 28-Nov-18 22:37:56

Thanks. I really hope we can all fit and get into one! I will look at transporter.

mummyhaschangedhername Fri 14-Dec-18 18:03:49

Sorry, forgot to check in. Yes, really easy to get in and out of. So much space! It's not ideally for parking, but my husband manages it fine in car parks (I hate parking it). It's fab though.

Dalesgirl16 Fri 14-Dec-18 19:11:36

mummyhaschangedhername I'm very interested to view one and see if we can lease one if it will fit us in. I will hate parking it too and I bet you have to be careful not to go down narrow roads too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »