Talk

Advanced search

Qushqui- how many car seats

(12 Posts)
DaenerysismyQueen Wed 09-May-18 15:15:00

I'm really struggling to work out what car to buy! I have a 2 year old and am expecting twins. I'd quite like to buy a second hand qashqai (58 reg) which I know has three isofix points along the back. How many car seats have people managed to fit in? Can you make use all of the Isofix points?!

mummabubs Wed 09-May-18 15:18:50

I only have one baby with my Qashqai (13 reg) but have to say I'm surprised by how difficult the isofix points were to locate in mine. The biggest shocker though is that the seatbelts in the back of Qashqais aren't long enough to fix a car seat in without using isofix!! Don't get me wrong, I love my car in many ways but I was so surprised that a car that markets itself so heavily as a family car didn't provide longer seatbelts!!

Seeline Wed 09-May-18 15:19:50

Mine are a bit old for car seats, but I have a 14 QQ and it is really cramped - especially in the rear. I know the design is different now, but check carefully that you can get buggies etc in the boot. I would think 3 car seats would be a real squash - my 2 teens moan.

PotteringAlong Wed 09-May-18 15:26:09

You won’t get 3 car seats across the back of the qashqai. We have, weirdly, managed it in a Nissan pulsar but that was one infant carrier, one stage 2 and a high back booster. I don’t think you’d do it with 2 infant carriers.

You’re doing to need to buy either an s max, a Citroen grand Picasso, a Volvo XC60/90 or a discovery...

TroubledLichen Wed 09-May-18 15:31:42

I’ve managed to fit an infant carrier with the belt in MILs so it can be done but it was really difficult because the belts are weirdly short. Took two of us about 10 minutes compared to all of about 30 seconds to get it in a Golf. It’s also cramped, I’ve sat in the back between DD in an infant carrier and DNeice on a booster and it was so squished even though I’m a size 6 so don’t take up much space! I can’t imagine you’d get two infant carriers and a toddler seat across the back.

SluttyButty Wed 09-May-18 15:44:32

We have a 16 plate and I can tell you that there's no way you'll get buggies and a buggy board in the boot with any shopping.
Seating a child and two adults in the back is doable but there's no extra room and I couldn't see three car seats being able to fit.

SweepTheHalls Wed 09-May-18 15:45:29

What you need is a Galaxy!

DaenerysismyQueen Wed 09-May-18 15:45:31

Oh dear! Ok well on to plan B!

ClareB83 Wed 09-May-18 16:53:39

We have a Qashqai and twins. Really don't think we'd fit a third car seat in.

teaandbiscuitsforme Wed 16-May-18 05:45:22

Qashqai is never going to fit 3 seats.

Seat Alhambra / VW sharan are amazing though!

lorisparkle Wed 16-May-18 06:43:46

We have a galaxy and a Quashqai. I love our galaxy- really spacious and plenty of room for 3 or more car seats. The quashqai only works now we have only one on a car seat. Even with 2 car seats the 3rd child was rather squashed. I did think they had a quashqai+2 at one point but have never looked at it.

CarDad Wed 06-Jun-18 16:49:55

what is your budget ?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: