Talk

Advanced search

How log do receive log book

(10 Posts)
PandaEyes2 Wed 04-Apr-18 08:06:41

Hi,

I have put a deposit down on a new car but cannot pick the car up until I receive my log book for my old car. It was lost when I moved house. Realistically how long on average do people wait? They said up to 4 weeks in the post office sad.

I filled it out and sent it off last Tuesday (27th March). Deposit put on the car on the Thursday and I told them about the log book for mine which isn't a problem but obviously I'm eager to get my new car lol

piercinggelo Wed 04-Apr-18 08:18:21

If they said up to 4 weeks then surely that's your answer?

How long is a piece of string?

I have had them back in days. Have also had them take weeks.

You are probably lucky as the 18 plate release will have been dealt with so that shouldn't cause any major delays. The lead up to a new reg always slows things down.

crumpetsandcoffee Wed 04-Apr-18 08:22:57

I had mine back within the week

mbwoy84 Sun 08-Apr-18 13:58:43

DVLA advise up to 4 weeks, but say not to contact them to chase until it’s been 6 weeks.

Being in the trade I’m dealing with V5s all the time and it can vary, but just recently they seem to have got quicker and most go through within the week or two at most. They also tend to go through quicker if you use recorded delivery.

PandaEyes2 Sun 08-Apr-18 18:27:42

Thank you @mbwoy84 for your very helpful response. My partner said I should call them tomorrow and just see if they have any updates but maybe we should just wait. It's been nearly 2 weeks now. I know it can take up to 4-6 but was being optimistic about how long it would take to come.

mbwoy84 Sun 08-Apr-18 18:38:19

I would say between 2 and 3 weeks is the average, although like I say, they have been generally getting quicker recently in my experience.

PandaEyes2 Mon 09-Apr-18 00:02:27

Thank you @mbwoy84 I'll be eagerly awaiting the post this week lol.

PandaEyes2 Mon 16-Apr-18 15:24:57

It arrived in the post today, would have been 3 weeks tomorrow since it was sent off so not too bad

italiancortado Mon 16-Apr-18 18:41:58

That's great

italiancortado Mon 16-Apr-18 18:42:19

Sorry pressed too soon.

Thanks for updating OP

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: