Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing the best new family cars on the market. Read our family car reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

What shall I buy?

(4 Posts)
Pud2 Sun 18-Mar-18 13:17:48

I’m looking to buy a new car. I currently have a BMW 1 series which I like but want to upgrade. It will be just me driving it, mostly short distances. I’m looking at BMW, Mercedes or Audi but am not really a car person so would appreciate any advice.

Pud2 Sun 18-Mar-18 13:19:55

Forgot to add - looking to spend about £30k

CruelAndUnusualParenting Wed 21-Mar-18 09:00:02

Without knowing what you want, other than an upgrade, it's hard to advise. I don't know much about the 1 series, so I would mainly be guided by stereotypes about BMWs and their drivers.

Parkers have a car finder at www.parkers.co.uk/which-car/ which asks about various features and suggests cars that match your requirements. That might be more useful than my random opinions on cars I've never driven.

Also read Honest John's buying guides at www.honestjohn.co.uk/how-to-buy-a-new-or-used-car/.

Pud2 Wed 21-Mar-18 20:21:27

Thanks very much

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: