Talk

Advanced search

speeding fine

(6 Posts)
AngelEyes46 Sat 10-Mar-18 20:03:39

i sped in Feb - and received an NIP. Sent it off with my details, i.e. nothing to say other than yes - accepted that i was over the limit on a 30. have not received anything - does anyone have any background knowledge on this?

namechangeforthisquestion Sat 10-Mar-18 20:11:13

Just ring them. Put your mind at rest then.

namechangeforthisquestion Sat 10-Mar-18 20:11:37

What's an nip?

MummySparkle Sat 10-Mar-18 20:13:58

I send mine off on 26th feb and received the next letter on Thursday. I'd give them a call to check where things are at

AngelEyes46 Sat 10-Mar-18 20:21:44

nip is a notice of intended prosecution and if sent off, can be offered speed course (which i am hoping) plus fine. If not, fine and points (which then has an effect on insurance). the offence was 28 jan, letter dated 8 feb, i.e. nip and i responded on the 23 feb.
mummy - did you enclose your licence as i wondered if i should have done. the nip states licence number and date of birth but have i done that right?

alldaysleeper Sun 10-Jun-18 20:30:00

It's a very straightforward process, I got the NIP replied within a couple of days and got offer of speed awareness course all inside a week. Definitely don't enclose your licence, just make sure all information is correct.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: