Talk

Advanced search

Mitsubishi Colt Cabriolet

(14 Posts)
AngelEyes46 Sat 03-Mar-18 22:52:28

Does anyone know anything about these cars? I want a sports car hard top and it is within my price range but wonder if anyone has any experience or background on them

reddington Sun 04-Mar-18 08:09:44

Well, it’s certainly not a sports car. If you want a sports car look elsewhere.

mbwoy84 Sun 04-Mar-18 13:47:43

What is your budget and do you have any other requirements? They’re not very popular and repairs can be quite pricey compared to its rivals.

AngelEyes46 Sun 04-Mar-18 17:09:08

where is good to look for a sports car? i would like hard top. 4/5 seats. looks as is needs to be 2 dr but would want more.

not sure about budget as could go for a deposit and then monthly payment.

red - what type of sports cars do you recommend?

reddington Mon 05-Mar-18 13:13:40

A sports car is generally (but not always) a 2 seater roadster type car eg Mazda MX5. I think you’re looking for a 4 seat convertible. Not many folding hard tops with rear seats BMW 3/4 Series and Volkswagen Eos are some that come to mind.

Aprilmightmemynewname Mon 05-Mar-18 13:14:49

Look at private sales on a reputable car forum.

SeeKnievelHitThe17thBus Mon 05-Mar-18 13:21:13

What engine size is it? I have the non-cabriolet version of the car. It's very reliable but dull. Get as large an engine size as you can to give it a bit of grunt.

It definitely won't leave you stranded at the road as they're vey reliable, but it's not really a sports car in the way that a Mazda might be.

AngelEyes46 Tue 06-Mar-18 22:00:57

red - you're right - i want a convertible with 4 seats. i looked at the mitsu colt but its too small in the back. i also looked at peugeot 206 and that was too small. the garage had a renault megane and that had some more space in the back due to the seats being bucket seats. does anyone have any feedback on renault megane's. its diesel and 1.9 engine.
i like the look of vw eos but does anyone know about space for these cars. or a volvo c70 2.4?

reddington Wed 07-Mar-18 07:59:05

The C70 is probably the best built of the cars you mention. A friend had one and it was a good car. The 2.4 will be fairly thirsty though. Not sure what kind of age car you’re looking at but worth considering that electric folding hard tops are hugely complicated and could cost £££ if a fault develops.

AngelEyes46 Sat 10-Mar-18 20:01:10

Thanks for your help. I am not going for the colt - too small at the back; looked at a renault megane - but didnt like the fact that it was a push start (but was bigger at the back). Looked at a peugeot 207 but too small. Decided not to go for the volvo as too thirsty and a lot of my driving is a to b. so am looking tomorrow at a peugeot 307!

Any thoughts from anyone?

Agree Red re: costly if a fault but i just cant think about that!

mbwoy84 Mon 12-Mar-18 22:54:57

Ford Focus CC then

Carcy Tue 13-Mar-18 14:02:28

I've had 2 Volvo C70's in a row and can't fault them.

They are excellent cars and will seat 4 adults very comfortably and the roof is something to marvel at.

I have found the cars to be reasonable to run and my 2.4 petrol returns about 33mpg in mixed driving. Between the two cars I have covered well in excess of 140k miles and neither car has required anything other than an annual service and wear and tear items like tyres and brake pads etc

I would suggest you take one for a test drive. The cars are beautifully built and the interior has a high quality feel and like most Volvo's the seats are wonderfully comfortable and heating/air con is great with the roof down.

reddington Tue 13-Mar-18 15:16:19

Ford Focus CC then

Good shout! This or the Volvo almost certainly better cars than the French junk.

AlessandroVasectomi Wed 21-Mar-18 16:38:37

My wife has an Audi A3 cabriolet. We bought it new, so it was a shade under £30K - not sure if that is within your budget. She has always wanted a convertible so we bought it as a retirement present, a bit of an indulgence admittedly. She absolutely loves it and since it has a fabric hood, boot space is not too limited with the hood down.

Space for rear seat passengers is not generous, but if I sit in the back I sit behind her as she is only 5’ 2” and has her seat well forward. It’s a 1.5 litre petrol and has plenty of power and she gets 40+ to the gallon on a run. I also think it’s a great looking car.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: