Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing the best new family cars on the market. Read our family car reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Which car has boot big enough for maclaren techno XT?

(9 Posts)
Lucinda15 Tue 20-Feb-18 06:41:18

Posting here and in pushchairs!

We are buying a used car; currently have a xsara Picasso. Looking at Ford C-Max but when we went to view one we found we couldn’t fit the maclaren techno XT widthways in the boot, which is no good for us. I wonder how this is possible as its such a popular family car?? We have been looking also at a Citroen c4 Picasso but currently can’t find a petrol one within budget local to us.

My questions are;

Does anyone have a Mac techno XT and a Ford C-Max and manage ok? Can you still get along with the pushchair being diagonal? I don’t think diagonal is an option for us as we will have other things in the boot but interested to know if other people have managed it.

What pushchairs CAN fit widthways in a Ford C-Max?

What other cars do people have that can take a Mac techno XT widthways?

Thanks.

AnneWiddecombesHandbag Tue 20-Feb-18 11:05:16

It would fit like that in the boot of a Vauxhall insignia. They boot on those is very wide.

DuckBilledAardvark Sat 03-Mar-18 22:21:50

I have a Maclaren Techno XC and a whopping great big Range Rover and I find the pushchair a pain in the arse, it fits in width ways across the car but I have to take it out to open the door to the dog cage, I tried having it on the back seat (when we only had one child) and I managed to scrape the tinting on the back window.

GreenSeededGrape Sat 03-Mar-18 22:23:54

I have that pram and an Astra and it fits fine.

MargotLovedTom1 Sat 03-Mar-18 22:24:10

Skoda Octavias have a vast boot.

MargotLovedTom1 Sat 03-Mar-18 22:25:30

Octavia boot

Passthecake30 Sat 03-Mar-18 22:25:32

I had one in my golf, I think diagonally but I coped.

Elmosmum Sat 03-Mar-18 22:26:43

Have you looked at the Picasso grande ? Much bigger boot

Chocolou Sat 03-Mar-18 22:27:17

I had one and it fitted in my Renault Clio just fine.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: