Talk

Advanced search

7 seater for under £5k

(15 Posts)
Lovelilies Mon 29-Jan-18 20:45:53

My Zafira has been written off sad some dick head decided to plough into it at the side of the road and drive away angry

So I've got £4.7k to buy a new car. I have 3 DC- 12,4 and 1, so need room for 2 car seats which the Zafira didn't really have, plus having to move the middle row to get the back seats up and down was a massive ball ache.

Also need room for 2 sofa and my huge 3 wheel double pram.

Any suggestions? I know pretty much naff all about cars, and don't have anyone to help me IRL.

NumbersLetters Mon 29-Jan-18 20:50:07

I recommend a Honda FRV. 6 seats but 3 in the front, 3 in the back. The middle front one goes down if you don't need it. They don't make them any more but they last well.

OneEpisode Mon 29-Jan-18 20:55:48

Did you mean sofa?
Our old Peugeot 806 was just assassinated in similar circs. Insurance paid us £2.5k (we didn’t accept first offer) and as our kids are older now we got something else. I’d recommend an 806 though. Sliding door and full 7 seater. Would take three car seats across. The other person’s insurance paid towards a rental for a while whilst it was resolved..

Lovelilies Mon 29-Jan-18 21:38:08

Ha ha I meant car seats confused
Sadly the other party left he scene without leaving any details.

OneEpisode Mon 29-Jan-18 21:42:01

Our car assassin was caught in the act at least. The 806 was also sold with Citroen and Fiat badges. Ours had a leather interior, not exactly a sofa, but still missed...

mbwoy84 Wed 31-Jan-18 20:07:16

Have a look for a Nissan Elgrand. Will be older one in that price bracket, but an excellent, reliable choice for a big car and they’re an 8 seater.

Lovelilies Wed 31-Jan-18 20:52:02

Has anyone had a ford S max? There's a few for sale I'm thinking of looking at

colouringinagain Wed 31-Jan-18 20:55:22

I've got an old VW Touran, you could pick one up with your budget. I'm really pleased with it.

themueslicamel Fri 02-Feb-18 00:20:01

I have had an S Max for the last three years, I hate it, never gelled with it.

Cost me a bomb too, although to be fair this does seem unusual.

I am getting rid of it now, but whoever buys it will get. Bargain as it's all been done, tyres, exhaust, discs and pads etc

InvisibleToEveryone Mon 12-Feb-18 20:01:07

I had an smax for a hire car, I bloody loved it!!

Was really sad to hand it back.

ifiwasaflowergrowingwildnfree Tue 13-Feb-18 09:34:45

Can't help but watching with interest and bumping for you. We are looking for a 7 seater with the same budget - we're expecting twins and already have 2 other dc. Slightly unexpected so haven't managed to save much.

IfNot Tue 13-Feb-18 09:40:40

Mazda 5. Not ridiculously massive, but actually great to drive (unlike most family buses). Slidey doors too!

aspergersrus Tue 13-Feb-18 09:42:39

Chevrolet captiva

Lovelilies Tue 13-Feb-18 18:12:00

I have bought a Citroen C-4 grand Picasso. Was only £3k, a 2010 plate.
So far it's been excellent! Better than the old Zafira.

themueslicamel Fri 23-Feb-18 00:16:42

I have just ditched my S Max, 2.5 years of bills for only 16k miles.

Picking up a Picasso Exclusive EGS on Saturday OP, hopefully mine will be as good as yours!

Is yours an EGS?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: