Car insurance quote questions

(8 Posts)
lljkk Sat 02-Dec-17 17:59:34

I got a speeding ticket (£100 fine, 3 points) just before renewal due.
The premium went up only £40 but my excess increased from £100 to £350. I get impression that the speeding offence will continue to affect my car insurance quotes for at least 5 yrs after the speeding offence happened.

I wanted to play with car insurance quote engines online, to see how the excess & premium were affected, but OMG, they all want me to login & register & other crap. A simple quote website -- this must exist. Is there a simple comparison website where I can play with the options, without having to give them my email address and have to register & login and so on?

Thanks in Advance.

blaaake Sat 02-Dec-17 18:03:10

I always use compare the market whenever I get quotes for myself or my family and I think it's pretty good smile

lljkk Mon 04-Dec-17 09:54:30

they only send quotes by sending it to my email!
I don't want to give my email out, I shouldn't have to when doing prelim research.

Plus that website wouldn't let me get a quote without adding an additional driver (I don't know why, is this normal to require 2 drivers?). I must have clicked a wrong box.

AT least I now know that's one to definitely avoid.

There was a website I found which just gave quotes, didn't require me to register or login. I thought it was via MSE, but can't find it again. Argh.

SangriaInTheSun Mon 04-Dec-17 09:59:50

I use the comparison sites, they do ask for an email but then they give you the quotes straight away. I use a fake email address to avoid spam.

Just remember to change email address when you choose which policy to buy.

scaredofthecity Mon 04-Dec-17 10:02:32

I always use a fake email address and change a few details such as dob and house number. It's not 100% accurate but gives a good idea.
Just remember to go incognito or delete your cookies to get an actual accurate quote.

lljkk Mon 04-Dec-17 10:10:25

ho hum... ok, will try again. I'm only on cat comfort duties today, anyway.

Hairyhat Mon 04-Dec-17 10:35:32

Just be careful the cost doesn't go up if you don't take up the quote immediately. This happens to my DP every year. He gets a load of quotes then doesn't take one until the last minute and always gets stung for bigger price. Perhaps they assume correctly he's a bit haphazard with his driving, therefore charge him more?

blaaake Mon 04-Dec-17 16:03:32

Yeah, when I'm just browsing e.g. checking what it would cost me to insure before I buy, I change my email, name and house number slightly. Also it always gives you the quotes straight away you don't have to look into your emails confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now