Talk

Advanced search

Skoda Kodiaq - 3 car seats?

(7 Posts)
Autumndays14 Sat 11-Nov-17 20:23:28

We love the look and comfort of this car, but are not sure if it will fit 3 car seats across the back row. We don’t want to get a multimac and we want to be able to take individual seats out easily to swap into grandparents cars etc. Our kids are 6.5, 4.5 and newborn. Thanks!

Autumndays14 Sun 12-Nov-17 09:25:41

Bump!

DamsonIcecream Wed 15-Nov-17 11:35:53

We were in the same position a few weeks ago. Sorry, but my DH went to look at one and decided the middle seat on the main second row was really too small for the third car seat.

This picture kind of shows it: www.google.co.uk/search?q=skoda+kodiaq+car+seats&client=safari&rls=en&dcr=0&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtwbqqvcDXAhWoJ8AKHdU5A10Q_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=711#imgrc=vc5Fjs7_BE4z8M:

...but DH said it was smaller than it looks there. Having spent 5 years grating my knuckles doing up three car seats in various cars, this is a priority! Nothing causes more conflict amongst our three, every single journey angry

And it wasn't available in red!

We ended up going back to a (far cheaper) 6-month-old Picasso, which we've had before. I shall miss our Seat Alhambra, which is cavernous, but diesel and ancient, and the central locking has now gone. Loads of space there, and easily fits three children's bikes in the back.

Autumndays14 Thu 16-Nov-17 11:12:54

Thanks Damson, it is really hard to tell if seats will fit, unless of course you know someone with the car already. DH is very keen on an SUV but we are struggling, as Volvo x90 is the obvious choice for a 7 seater but is ££££££!!

DamsonIcecream Fri 17-Nov-17 11:10:55

Yes, car-shopping has not been as much fun as I'd thought.

I do like the look of the Volvo smile. Good luck with whatever you decide!

AGnu Fri 17-Nov-17 11:21:41

I was looking into the Kodiaq because we love our Yeti but needed a bit more space. I think what put me off more than anything was that you couldn't fold/remove the middle seat independently. We could've managed with having the eldest right in the back if we could've removed the middle seat for him to climb through. I think we've decided on an S-Max now. They seem to be all the rage among friends with similar age DC!

christmaswreaths Mon 11-Dec-17 20:42:37

We had 2 s-max in a row and I am afraid to say that the last one only lasted 6 years as the engine died. We did not exceed 12K x year and always had it serviced. Apparently this is a common issue - with the first we only had it 4 years so up to that point I think it was a fab car. Really did love it and would have recommended it to everyone before it totally packed up!!

Now the kids are older we have gone for the skoda kodiaq and absolutely love it. It feels like a step-up in comparison to the s- max but then again only one child in a booster seat, so a different requirement!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now