Is it difficult to claim on warrantee if new car keeps having faults?

(9 Posts)
SpringSnowdrop Thu 02-Nov-17 18:24:41

We are getting quite fed up with our Nissan Qashquai as it has been in and out of the garage as keeps coming up regularly with electronic faults - we get. 2 different warning lights

SpringSnowdrop Thu 02-Nov-17 18:27:20

Pressed send too early - which warn us the automatic breaking isn’t working and another that says Stop/ Start. It is getting tedious and it also broke down. our worry is if this is happening when it isn’t even 2 and we’re very careful with it, we’ll be liable for loads of bills once it’s warrantee runs out?

We are talking to the garage it came from but I am worried they won’t help as obviously it’s a big thing to sort out. But we bought the car for it to be safe and reliable?

SpringSnowdrop Thu 02-Nov-17 18:28:16

If anyone has any experience of this or tips I’ll be so grateful and sorry typing in haste !

FancyThatFenceEdge Fri 03-Nov-17 04:37:34

Nissans are shit anyway. Plagued with the dodgy electrics from Renault.

In your circumstances, I would reject the car as its not fit for purpose. Get the dealer to refund you and buy a reliable Toyota/Honda or something....

Speak to Trading Standards too. They can advise you on how you formally reject the car.

SuperBeagle Fri 03-Nov-17 04:48:41

I would get rid of the Nissan. They're notoriously shit cars. As PP said, go for something reliable like a Toyota or Honda, or, if you want something less expensive, a Kia or Hyundai which are fantastic, have 7 year warranties, and have had 0 safety recalls in their time.

SpringSnowdrop Fri 03-Nov-17 13:07:22

Thanks. That’s useful to know we can try Trading Standards if have any trouble. I hope they’ll be helpful as an initial conversation suggested they might not be eg I said the speedometer is inaccurate at motorway speeds and they just said this sometimes happens as if ok. I don’t think it is as to me that’s a safety issue too

FancyThatFenceEdge Fri 03-Nov-17 17:24:30

Trading Standards will help you reject the car as its clearly not fit for purpose or as described.

And note to yourself - never buy a fucking Nissan if you want reliability.

Honda/Lexus/Toyota always top the reliabilty charts so get one of those.

Let us know how you get on.

SpringSnowdrop Fri 03-Nov-17 19:57:04

Thank you and especially when my post was rushed and full of typos (automatic breaking was an appropriate one!!!)
The garage has written to Nissan and didn’t manage to fix the fault but has ordered more parts for yet another visit.
I appreciate the feedback and next time will definitely check reliability . It has been very fuel efficient compared to our old bmw but I have very little car knowledge or interest other than wanting it to be reliable, safe and efficient. So taking on all your tips!

FancyThatFenceEdge Fri 03-Nov-17 20:36:43

Fuel efficiency counts for nothing if, like your Nissan, the car is nothing but a piece of shit.

You've done the right thing to let the garage fix it - because Trading Standards would likely tell you that you have to offer them the chance to do that.

If its still fucked after that, which I'm certain it will be because its a Nissan, then you can reject the car and avoid buying that dogshit brand ever again smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now