Help affordable car

(2 Posts)
Afternooncatnap Fri 20-Oct-17 12:22:21

I'm having a nightmare with cars. Today for the second time in two years I broke down on a motorway. This time with my baby in the car.

I don't have much money and bought a Renault modus for £900 in August. Loads of isofix points low milage seemed like a great buy. Until it broke down today and the repair will no doubt be more than the car is worth.

I now don't know what to do. I like ford but only the 3 door models are in my price range and they don't seem compatible with child seat in the front.

Ideally I want something under 10 years old , either 3 door that I can put forward facing seat in front of 5 door under £2000 that is reliable.

Any recommendations?

Funf Mon 23-Oct-17 19:22:04

I drive a 2004 Sara Picasso Diesel I can't fault it, 45mpg, seats unclip for carrying big stuff
Paid £600 two years ago just had to change a headlight bulb.

In general don't buy anything beginning with F or R and you can't go far wrong well some Vauxhalls are having engine issues.

Could you fit in an old VW Bora? the Diesels offer fantastic performance and 50MPG

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now