Advice on 3 x rear facing car seats in Ford Smax needed.

(4 Posts)
JAME0 Wed 18-Oct-17 07:58:06

Preparing for new baby and replacing car seats and need to check whether I can fit them all in our Ford Smax (2007). Baby will have Maxi Cosi on isofix and want to upgrade 1.5 year old to a rear facing BeSafe Izi Kid also on isofix. I then want to replace 3 year old's front facing car seat to a rear facing one - have seen pictures of three rear facing car seats in a row in an Smax but how practical is it? I don't think the Smax has isofix in the middle seat and her current car seat is a nightmare to get in and out to check. Does anyone know? I think I would go for the BeSafe Plus which is belt- fitted anyway if 3x rear facing is an option but she might not be the best to have in the middle. Any advice/suggestions really appreciated. Hate this malarkey!

JAME0 Wed 18-Oct-17 14:40:47

Anyone? Only really need reassurance that three rear-facing car seats are accessible. Thanks.

buckbeak Wed 18-Oct-17 14:44:03

Have you checked your middle seat? Mine is isofix all the way across.

I’ve got the britax baby seat, britax dualfix and the britax high backed booster in at the moment, all are isofix and I did have them all rear facing at one point. They all fitted fine.

Alwaysinahurrynow Sun 05-Nov-17 11:00:02

It should be possible (I haven’t tried that combo), but I wouldn’t buy one without checking. We were choosing between the Smax and the VW sharan and looking at three rear facing seats. We borrowed one from the dealer and drove it to the local car seat place that stocked BeSafe and tested it out. The dealer should be happy for you to do that. We loved the higher spec Smax but plumped for Sharan due to the sliding doors.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now