Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have a hybrid Toyota or Lexus?

(13 Posts)
aliceinwanderland Mon 09-Oct-17 23:12:42

I've been looking at second hand cars. For my budget it looks as though I could either get a Toyota auris or a Lexus ct. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of either as a family car. I've had a look at the auris but it seems to be on the small side. The Lexus looked like a reasonable alternative.

Any views.

WhiskyIrnBru Mon 09-Oct-17 23:13:51

We have a Toyota Auris. We love it. Very economical. The only downside is the boot depth is a little shallow due to the hybrid battery. But it does the job as a small family car.

RhinestoneCowgirl Mon 09-Oct-17 23:17:07

We have a Yaris hybrid. Mostly used by DH commuting to work (not far). We got it at a year old, it's running well (2 yrs on)

Flibbertyjibbit Mon 09-Oct-17 23:23:03

DP had a Lexus ct through work lease, nice to drive and economical but smallish boot due to battery. Lots of issues with poor radio setup, Bluetooth function kept breaking etc. But overall OK. One thing that put us off having our own hybrid is the lack of warranty cover on batteries. Hope that in
a few years the warranties will include battery cover.

MrsVioletBottom Mon 09-Oct-17 23:24:23

We have a Yaris hybrid. Love it, had it for 2 years. Only 2 of us though, so I don't think it would be big enough for a family. Very economical.

Tortycat Mon 09-Oct-17 23:25:54

I have a hybrid auris. Its ok but i dont love it. I find visibility quite poor, especially at night or heavy rain as the camera doesnt work as well. Its comfy, reasonable boot and mileage and love the hybrid function though.

MissHemsworth Mon 09-Oct-17 23:43:37

DH has a Lexus CT hybrid. Fab to drive, very economical & a large boot. It's not the family car however, due to the family car (mine) being unreliable & extortionate to run it has stepped in numerous times. We've managed to get everything in for a weekend of camping (with 2 young DCs in bulky car seats!) Deffo recommend!

aliceinwanderland Tue 10-Oct-17 05:58:24

Thanks everyone

I wondered about the visibility in the auris. It seemed kind of pokey. The lexis seemed like a better option due to the bigger boot, bit worrying about the tech problems.

As it's our only car I don't think the yaris will be big enough sadly.

RhinestoneCowgirl Tue 10-Oct-17 22:28:01

We have Yaris as our family car, but I fully accept that we're a bit odd.

We have been camping with it, but even with roof box set we can only take minimum kit.

Backingvocals Tue 10-Oct-17 22:30:13

I have the hybrid Toyota rav 4. Would that be an option ?

aliceinwanderland Wed 11-Oct-17 07:38:09

Maybe Backing. I'll check it out.

aliceinwanderland Wed 11-Oct-17 07:38:21

Thanks!

CakeFreeWonderland Wed 01-Nov-17 14:15:05

We just replaced an old second car with a secondhand 2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid.

2,500 miles and five months in we are very happy.

It's a bit small but the Auris is bigger and shares almost all the same technology and design so it should be good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now