Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing the best new family cars on the market. Read our family car reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

What would you do??

(6 Posts)
Mumof3cheeky Mon 02-Oct-17 20:55:18

I'm a dilemma. Currently have a 4yo smax where options either, give car back, buy it out,exchange it
Have been paying £163/month (I know great deal bought car at 1 yo with£4500 deposit
Would love an almost new smax again however for whatever reason my local dealers are struggling to find one with a doable budget and again looking at new ones where I'd put the equity I have in this car £1800 still would end up paying £350 a month
If we were to get a loan out for the reaming balance on the car(£8000) we'd be paying about £260 a month which j think is crazy considering the car is 4yo
I love my smax but wondering if the demand has gone a bit over the top hence the price?!
I started thinking I should look elsewhere like a VW touran or similar (nearly new) or something similar. Maybe they want my new business.
Any advice?

Funf Mon 23-Oct-17 19:25:02

I would give it back but a £1000 run about with AA cover, blow the rest on holidays. Works for us

Mumof3cheeky Mon 23-Oct-17 20:03:03

😂 thanks! Sounds like an advice for someone in midlife crisis!

Mumof3cheeky Mon 23-Oct-17 20:04:50

Btw all sorted. Got a 6m old titanium for £300/month with no deposit so I’m happy with that

Funf Mon 23-Oct-17 20:16:23

Experience and a couple of brushes with poor health for us both, strange thing is a I love cars but as some one said to me a long time ago the kids remember the holiday but not the car they went in smile.
Just had a Cancer op so bought a Motor home as I have been too busy putting it off for years and before we know it the nest will be empty.

Mumof3cheeky Mon 23-Oct-17 20:24:47

Puts it all into perspective, doesn’t it? Wish you a quick recovery x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: