What would you do??

(6 Posts)
Mumof3cheeky Mon 02-Oct-17 20:55:18

I'm a dilemma. Currently have a 4yo smax where options either, give car back, buy it out,exchange it
Have been paying £163/month (I know great deal bought car at 1 yo with£4500 deposit
Would love an almost new smax again however for whatever reason my local dealers are struggling to find one with a doable budget and again looking at new ones where I'd put the equity I have in this car £1800 still would end up paying £350 a month
If we were to get a loan out for the reaming balance on the car(£8000) we'd be paying about £260 a month which j think is crazy considering the car is 4yo
I love my smax but wondering if the demand has gone a bit over the top hence the price?!
I started thinking I should look elsewhere like a VW touran or similar (nearly new) or something similar. Maybe they want my new business.
Any advice?

Funf Mon 23-Oct-17 19:25:02

I would give it back but a £1000 run about with AA cover, blow the rest on holidays. Works for us

Mumof3cheeky Mon 23-Oct-17 20:03:03

😂 thanks! Sounds like an advice for someone in midlife crisis!

Mumof3cheeky Mon 23-Oct-17 20:04:50

Btw all sorted. Got a 6m old titanium for £300/month with no deposit so I’m happy with that

Funf Mon 23-Oct-17 20:16:23

Experience and a couple of brushes with poor health for us both, strange thing is a I love cars but as some one said to me a long time ago the kids remember the holiday but not the car they went in smile.
Just had a Cancer op so bought a Motor home as I have been too busy putting it off for years and before we know it the nest will be empty.

Mumof3cheeky Mon 23-Oct-17 20:24:47

Puts it all into perspective, doesn’t it? Wish you a quick recovery x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now