What cars do other multiples mums have?

(17 Posts)
MamaDeeGee Sun 10-Sep-17 23:37:17

We have a 7 year old who is on a high backed booster and due twins soon( tomorrow actually :D) and had already bought our car seats (maxi cosi pebble plus and 2wayfix base) as these will make school run easier with click in click out concept onto our travel system.

These were measured up to fit into my car but would have been twins in back, 7 year old up front with air bag off when we recently were in a car crash and my car has been written off,

We only was keeping that car as i hadnt finished pay off but needed bigger and planned to get in jan when paid up as to no boot space and needing enough from for double travel system, spare stuff along with 7 year olds stuff and say shopping.

We recently been shopping around for a car that fits the bill, basically looking for

- 3 separate seats in the back
-atleast 2 isofix points
-no underseat storage as our bases have leg support
-big boot
- preferably 5 seats as we have no use for 7 unless the two boot seats fold flat into floor as do not have room to take out and find it unsafe to put items ontop of semi folded seats as in result of a crash stuff could be projected into backseats where kids would be.

Seems its a big ask and ive been doing so much research for weeks to no prevail!

Anyone had similiar issues?
How did you recitfiy?

We also looking for same sort of car but that would allow a 6ft 4 person to drive comfortably?

NetballHoop Sun 10-Sep-17 23:52:47

The VW Sharan/SEAT Alhambra are 7 seaters where the back two seats fold down flat giving you a huuuge boot.
You do need to make sure you get the new style one with the sliding door as the older ones don't have the fold down seats

HeartburnCentral Fri 15-Sep-17 19:05:58

Ford Grand CMax

PieceOfTheMoon Fri 15-Sep-17 19:11:25

I've had an old 2nd hand Zafira and a brand new Citroen C4 Picasso. Preferred the Zafira by a mile!
Next time I would go for a Ford S-max if I could afford it, but a new Zafira would be a good budget option.

xyzandabc Fri 15-Sep-17 19:15:34

Toyota verso fits your brief. At least our 08 reg one does. Would have to check newer model for underfloor storage, I'm not sure if they added that in to newer ones

skyzumarubble Fri 15-Sep-17 19:20:35

Vauxhall zafira. We are changing ours now as it's old and unfortunately we keep arriving back at the zafira. I say unfortunately as it's ugly but it really does meet our needs.

Twins and dog - we need a massive boot and the flat access boot is great for getting the dog in, changing kids in and out of wellies etc.

We looked at the S max but the zafira wins for us. If money was no object a Q7 would be my choice.

calamityjam Fri 15-Sep-17 19:25:26

Not got twins, but I did have a newborn, 4 year old, 6,8 and 10 year olds. I got a second hand Zafira then loved it so much got a new one. It was fantastic. We didn't always have all the children in the car, as the 2 older were at their other parents at weekends, so we didn't always use the back seats. I found it great for 3 car seats in the middle row and the back seats fold into the floor using 1 hand leaving tonnes of space in the back for a big pram and loads of shopping. We also went camping and had plenty of room for all our stuff.

Need9HoursSleep Fri 15-Sep-17 19:27:19

Off topic but I thought you were to keep airbag on if child is in the front not rear facing?

PineappleScrunchie Fri 15-Sep-17 19:29:19

Ford smax

It does have underfloor storage but I think you can get bits which fit in them to solve this problem. It's got three identical full sized isofix seats in the middle row and the back seats fold flat into the boot. It's significantly nicer to drive than a Zafira

ghost48 Fri 15-Sep-17 19:39:33

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso flexi seats ,large boot area cheap 2nd hand models even new not a lot over 21 grand and then you can beat the dealer down ,cheapest i know was a 16 plate (friends bought it new)2ltr HDi auto with all the bells and whistles for 19 grand .........

TwoKidsAndCounting Fri 15-Sep-17 19:46:59

Have you seen this at all?

http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/car-seats/child-car-seats/bubblebum-inflatable-booster-seat-black

We used it when baby number 3 came along, still use it now for travelling

TwoKidsAndCounting Fri 15-Sep-17 19:47:02

Have you seen this at all?

http://www.halfords.ie/kids-zone/car-seats/child-car-seats/bubblebum-inflatable-booster-seat-black

We used it when baby number 3 came along, still use it now for travelling

holte Fri 15-Sep-17 19:56:09

Ford S max - we've got a 6 yr old and 3 yr old twins - bags of room and big boot that can easily take a massive buggy with room to spare. Also 2 spare seats if you need them.

buckbeak Fri 15-Sep-17 19:59:57

Ford s max here too! 3 kids in isofix seats.

Tested so many cars and the s max came out on top every time, lovely to drive and huge boot as we don't use the back two seats.

FreedomMummy Fri 15-Sep-17 20:03:19

Another s-max here. Not a parent of multiples but have had baby seats of all types across the back and it's a great reliable car. The boot is brilliant too so great for big buggies, scooters, shopping etc. The extra boot seats are great for when transporting extra children, particularly as you have a 7 yr old who could easily use those seats when required.

MamaDeeGee Sat 16-Sep-17 10:00:03

Thank you people! We avoiding zafira due to all fire hazards ( our friends was recalled and "fixed" and burst into flames about 4 weeks later and the thought of trying to get 3 kids out in a fire terrifies me,

Yes you do leave them on when forward facing but only if childs not in "blast radius" of airbag or so thats what ford told us when we called and ours comes out further than the seat can be pushed back due to leg prob in isofix seat!

MamaDeeGee Wed 11-Oct-17 20:56:04

Went for c4 picasso but thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now