Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing the best new family cars on the market. Read our family car reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Dont know what cars are large enough!

(8 Posts)
Happydays21 Mon 14-Aug-17 11:49:52

We currently have a VW Touran but dont need 7 seats anymore but do need a really large boot. Looking at other cars its hard to know what is an equivalent size for carrying stuff.

We are past baby stage but need boot for things like tent, kayak, food, sleeping bags, clothes, suitcases etc and there are 5 of us plus a dog so we tend to have a lot of stuff.

Driving home last night looked at cars as they went past and wondered about Dacia Duster and also things like VW estate. Looking on internet today wondered about a VW Tiguan but not sure its big enough.

Anyone able to give any help?

Thanks

Smigbot Thu 24-Aug-17 23:11:40

I have a Hyundai i800 (2nd one in 5 years) - and they are fantastic. They have 8 seats although we manually take out the 3rd row which gives you loads of space! They are the size of a transit van so you have a higher driving position, and they are great value for money. They might be bigger than what you need but if you are able, take a look at one!

clairewilliams999 Tue 29-Aug-17 21:47:30

Tiguan is like a Golf, useless

chantilly70 Mon 04-Sep-17 17:47:09

Buy a new Touran - it has an even bigger boot. We rarely use it in 7 seat position but like the fact that it is a spacious car and has a high driving position. Much prefer it to the Passat estate we used to have.

Orangebird69 Mon 04-Sep-17 17:48:20

Mitsubishi Shogun. Awesome boot space. I downsized to a Freelander 2 thinking I didn't need the space anymore. I wish I hadn't now 😭😭😭

samanthaterry1983 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:40:02

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

somewhereovertherain Sat 21-Oct-17 08:12:54

Skoda superb or kodiaq

Funf Mon 23-Oct-17 19:23:31

Have you considered a van?
As the kids get bigger it was the best thing we had, seated 8 adults small boot but massive roof rack

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: