Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing the best new family cars on the market. Read our family car reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Best first car with 3 kids in car seats?

(15 Posts)
nomorebabiesyet Sun 06-Aug-17 19:03:18

Just that really. Havent driven for a few years. We are selling the family car for 2 cheaper ones so i can get back on the road. We have a 4 yo a 2.5 yo and a 4 month old. All car seats. 4 yo sits in the front with air bags off at the moment.

Needs to be cheapish not too big and pref auto as i think i will struggle with a manual and yapping kids. Auto would just be easier.

Anyone recommend anything?

bristolone Sun 06-Aug-17 19:05:08

Ford s-max, Renault Megane and citroen grand Picasso all have space for three ISO fix seats. They are the cheaper end.

We have an s max and boot space is great.

bristolone Sun 06-Aug-17 19:05:52

Though S max is big, renault may be the better option for you.

C0untDucku1a Sun 06-Aug-17 19:06:53

If you think yapping kids are going to mean you cant focus on driving a manuel, im not sure you should be driving at all tbh.

nomorebabiesyet Sun 06-Aug-17 19:09:06

Thanks count. We will just stay inside in our village until they are teens. hmm im not worried about it. Automatic is just easier all round.

nomorebabiesyet Sun 06-Aug-17 19:09:37

Thanks bristolone. What are the running costs like?

GreenTulips Sun 06-Aug-17 19:11:28

Citroen have flat back seats and three 3 point harnesses - with a look

I also found slim car seats - made a huge difference

nomorebabiesyet Sun 06-Aug-17 19:12:34

Thanka green

bristolone Sun 06-Aug-17 19:13:31

Shamefully I've never worked it out I'm afraid. We don't fill up often but only need it for long journeys. But it's been reliable so far and the kids have loads of space in the back.

AndersArms Sun 06-Aug-17 19:13:51

VW Touran. 7 seats but three car seats fit in the middle row side by side. We love ours.

Note3 Sun 06-Aug-17 19:18:13

With your ages and not wanting too big a car then a citroen c4 picasso would fit your needs. About size of a ford minded if you get the normal (non grand) version and has 3 proper seats in back.

For your children's ages you could have eldest in middle and 2 youngest either side (probably the easiest combo).

Britax adventure is very slim and a good seat for eldest. Afraid I can't assist on 2.5 year old if forward facing as my kids aren't that age but a good slim rear facing seat for 2.5 yr old and baby is axkid minikid

freethebiscuit Sun 06-Aug-17 19:19:36

We have a Puegot 5008 that we got last year- was much cheaper than Fords or Seats where we live- doesn't feel too big when driving it- has 3 isofix 'proper size' seats across the middle row and huge boot or 2 extra seats there if needed. Has done a lot of miles for us already and surprised us how much we like it grin

nomorebabiesyet Sun 06-Aug-17 21:23:04

Thanks everyone. I did look at 5008 but we are getting second hand and hey are too expensive. Yes touran and picasso have been on the cards. So you have helped me! Thank you

Note3 Tue 08-Aug-17 09:47:06

Sorry just realised my post had autocorrected. It should have read ford mondeo!

samanthaterry1983 Wed 11-Oct-17 14:46:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: