New car...on finance / long term hire?

(4 Posts)
PipnJo Sat 27-May-17 08:26:11

Hi,

We/I'm considering getting a new car. My car is 10 years old, and i doubt we'd get much for it. Normally we've paid for cars outright, but we're no longer in the position to do that.

What would people recommend doing? I know you can do long term hire on cars? How does that work? Re: insurance / getting things fixed etc?

Also the other obvious option is finance.

Any thoughts welcome smile

Janeinthemiddle Sun 11-Jun-17 22:59:11

Have you thought of second hand car? Something that is almost new, a car that's 2 years old?

For hire car, depends on the packages.

I'm not keen on new cars as the values drop massively as soon as it's out the forecourt.

ohforfoxsake Sun 11-Jun-17 23:13:39

New-new or new to you?

Leasing a car can be a few hundred quid a month, but good if having something a bit more higher spec and changing it every couple of years matters.

I took out a long term 0% credit card to pay partly for mine. Much cheaper than finance and extra protection.

user1497208128 Sun 11-Jun-17 23:37:15

I took a brand new car out on finance just in October there, 10.k miles per year.. already done 9.5k miles (sudden change of living arrangement meant I had to commute which wasn't taken into consideration). Now worried about pence per mile! Having to consider trading in and taking out a new finance deal on a different model.

Utterly regret selling the car I owned outright.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now