Help me decide which car with a large boot

(9 Posts)
leighdinglady Sun 14-May-17 17:31:33

Hi all

I know relatively little about cars. I currently have a 2014 Fiesta, but since buying it have got a dog and am now pregnant. Turns out, a buggy doesn't fit in the boot! And there's no way I can squeeze the dog in there too. Any recommendations for a car with a larger boot?

Ideally we want something for up for £10k (second hand is fine)
Not cost a fortune to run/insure
Not huge as we live in a difficult to park area.

Thinking maybe a Nissan quasqui (sp)??

TheLittleMe Sun 14-May-17 22:17:33

Watching with interest. We are looking for the same, same budget (ideally around £8k but could stretch). We have been looking at Skoda Octavia Estates and they seem really spacious . I wanted a Qashqai but apparently they are just hatchbacks that are higher up!

bibbitybobbityyhat Sun 14-May-17 22:20:51

You don't need an exceptionally large car to fit a buggy and dog in the boot. Something like an Astra or Golf estate would be fine.

Sabsy1 Sun 14-May-17 22:48:55

Don't spend a fortune on a travel system for the baby... i spent £1000 on a brand new icandy peach 3. After 6 months i replaced it with a smaller/lighter stroller. It made my life so much easier. Stroller that i use all the time fits into a boot of a smart car.
I have a bmw 3 series and icandy pretty much took the whole boot.

leighdinglady Mon 15-May-17 09:14:50

Thank you everyone. We've got an Oyster prank which is pretty sizeable. I'll get on google for the suggestions!

Qashqais seemed pretty pricey when I was looking.

Is a Skoda Octavia too big? They have pretty big boots and they are reliable enough to be popular as taxis.

Take a look at the Ford Focus and C-Max as well.

Otherpeoplesteens Wed 17-May-17 11:19:32

We replaced our 2008 Fiesta with a Dacia Logan MCV when we found ourselves in need of something to accommodate baby stuff, and we wanted isofix too. We've been very happy with it so far.

With your budget a brand new one is well within reach.

glasshalfsomething Wed 17-May-17 11:33:35

Honda Civic has a huge boot plus magic seats in the back that flip up. Definitely recommend

ems137 Wed 17-May-17 12:28:10

I wouldn't go for a Focus, we've had to swap ours because when you have the isofix base in, you have very very little leg room in the front. My DH could never fit in the passenger seat it was that bad.

We've got a Golf now and the pram fits great along with shopping but it definitely wouldn't fit a dog as well.

I'd recommend a VW Tiguan, they are amazing cars with plenty of room all over without being too big. I've had 2 previously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now