What colour Evoque?

(32 Posts)
petitdonkey Sun 23-Apr-17 07:22:56

I know they aren't everyones cup of tea but I have made my decision to get one and now would love opinions on colour! Have actually ordered one yesterday but am wobbling about colour so thought I would ask what colour you have or think looks best. The only one I won't have is white - just not a fan.

What would you have??

DubiousCredentials Sun 23-Apr-17 07:26:19

I was going to suggest white blush

But other than that I'd say def not the rusty kind of red, I think it's an old man colour for some reason.

Black or gunmetal grey always looks good.

Don't tell me you've ordered a pink one shock

Bohemond Sun 23-Apr-17 07:27:34

I have just bought Firenze red with cirrus interior. It is gorgeous.

madasamarchhare Sun 23-Apr-17 07:33:19

I'd have one of the greys with a contrasting black roof. I'd get the black pack too I think it transforms the car.

CaptainBraandPants Sun 23-Apr-17 07:38:29

I debated getting one and was looking at one of the greys.
I came on to say, though, any colour apart from white, so we are agreed on that. grin

petitdonkey Sun 23-Apr-17 07:53:38

Bohemond - it's the Firenze Red I have ordered with ivory interior but I am worried that its a 'bold' choice!!

Dubious - don't think you'd describe it as rusty red.... Eek! it's the first car I have ever ordered from new....

there are just so many greys around... love the black but think I would scratch it too much. marchhare - I agree with you on the black pack but it was just an extra too far!

Bohemond Sun 23-Apr-17 08:05:09

Stick with it petit. It is bold but stunning. I bought mine at a couple of years old and thought it was a little out there when I first saw it. But the colour suits the car perfectly.

Bohemond Sun 23-Apr-17 08:06:26

More cherry than rusty. As for those shocking orange discoveries!

peggyundercrackers Sun 23-Apr-17 08:07:22

eek - I wouldn't have one, from the two people I know who have had one neither of them have been out the garage because of issues with their cars. they certainly don't have a good name for reliability.

petitdonkey Sun 23-Apr-17 13:01:18

That's interesting Peggy- my good friend is on her second as she loved the first so much..

purpleporpoise Sun 23-Apr-17 13:02:28

Red definitely. I only buy red cars after my last dark coloured one kept being bumped into

Boooooom Sun 23-Apr-17 13:03:52

Wow can't say I'm not jealous!
Saw one in navy blue the other day which looked awesome. Had a grey interior
Lovely

blueskyinmarch Sun 23-Apr-17 13:05:36

I was given an orange soft top Evoque when my tasteful black Discovery was in getting some work done recently. It was the most repulsive car i have seen in a long time. Don’t get me wrong, i was grateful to have been given it, but it did not look nice. Then my DH came back from work recently and said a female colleague of his had just bought that exact car in that exact colour. There is no accounting for taste! grin

WowserBowser Sun 23-Apr-17 13:05:55

My SIL has the red. I love it.

Puppymouse Sun 23-Apr-17 13:06:18

There's a duck egg/baby blue one in the car park at work that is gorgeous envy

lakehouse Sun 23-Apr-17 13:17:20

Look at resale value after 3 years. Black and white hold their value, then grey. Red and blue are the worst (only surpassed by fad colours). Depends if you intend to keep it til it dies. If not, the colour and interior combo are important when you come to sell it.

petitdonkey Sun 23-Apr-17 13:20:11

My DS was pushing for orange which I have to say was an absolute 'no' from me!! The red is in the showroom and I loved it but I am worried that it's quite flashy... but I loved it....

Baby blue sounds nice, don't think that is a standard colour though.

Our test drive was in a white with red/black interior!! DH was horrified but he hates the Evoque anyway!!

petitdonkey Sun 23-Apr-17 13:21:46

That is a good point lakehouse - we will be leasing it, will that make a difference?? (again, this is all new, we have always bought our cars previously.. now thinking, I had a red Lexus which I loved...)

lakehouse Sun 23-Apr-17 13:41:59

They price in expected resale value into the lease. So if you do something weird your lease payment would be higher. If you intend to hand it back at the end the colour you choose shouldn't have too much of an impact.

petitdonkey Sun 23-Apr-17 15:01:59

Hmmn, the price they gave me was the same regardless of colour... I can still change my mind until the order goes in tomorrow but it won't affect the price.

User2468 Sun 23-Apr-17 17:44:57

Have you driven one? Before you put your order in and if you want a small car get the new Disco Sport.

The Evoque is claustrophobic and slow.

petitdonkey Sun 23-Apr-17 19:02:21

2468 - I loved driving the Evoque, I thought the disco sport was quite dull... we all like different things I guess!!

Bohemond Sun 23-Apr-17 20:32:04

I second the disco sport as being dreadful. Monumentally dull....

blueskyinmarch Sun 23-Apr-17 21:27:15

I own a Discovery Sport and have also driven the Evoque as stated upthread. They both drive pretty much the same and they are both laid out pretty much the same inside. I feel the Discovery is more spacious inside and i like it as it suits my dog. I felt the Evoque was a bit more cramped.

caroldecker Sun 23-Apr-17 21:50:39

I like the Loire Blue

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now