Land Rover disco sport and car seats

(5 Posts)
nextchapterplease Sat 22-Apr-17 09:51:54

Hi if you have one of these please can you help me - with a question the dealership didn't seem to have an answer to .

The third row seats - would these be car seat safe or even possible to use a booster seat when DC are older ? I couldn't really tell at the showroom whether they are normal construction / full sized seats .

We are hoping to buy one but am trying to be clear about the amount of flexibility we would get from the + 2 seats.

Thanks if you can help

madasamarchhare Sat 22-Apr-17 10:04:58

I have one. However, my two are past the car seat stage. I don't think it would be easy to fits a full size car seat however a booster seat may work. The seats are a little skinny without a lot of leg room although I have had adults sit their comfortably. You may find you have more issue with accessing them if you need to help child with seat belt etc. Bear in mind that when both seats are up boot space is tiny to say the least. BUT FAB FAB FAB car I absolutely love it. Had it about 18 months and still smile every time I drive it. We use the +2 seats occasionally and are very easy to pop up and down. Without using these the car is versatile in moving the middle row for masses of legroom or boot space whichever is your preference. I would suggest popping down the garage with seats and asking to have a play around. We used a Guy Salmon franchise and to be honest nothing was a problem and they were very helpful.

nextchapterplease Sat 22-Apr-17 10:27:42

Thanks for your reply Mad . Great to hear that you love it - we are very excited about it.

My OP wasn't that clear but we don't need more than two car seats day to day it's just understanding different options for occasions where we want more passengers - as obviously the + 2 seats aren't easy for elderly to access.

I found it odd that the girl at our closest dealership kept telling me those seats were designed for kids - but knew nothing about what options were with car seats etc.

Anyway we love it regardless !

madasamarchhare Sat 22-Apr-17 10:38:40

They did say they were manufactured based on a 15 year old. I agree they are not suitable for the elderly but again more from an access view point rather than the seats being unsuitable. Do you have another dealer within a reasonable distance. I think some are more helpful than others. We do also have side steps on our car which does aid access. My ds who is 10 would rather sit in the rear seats than anywhere else!!

User2468 Sat 22-Apr-17 11:17:48

I had one as a hire car when my RR was in for service, I loved it and thought it far far superior to the Freelander. Much nicer than the. New Disco.

No help on car seats though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now