Small or very small cars

(6 Posts)
PhyllisWig Thu 13-Apr-17 15:52:52

Looking to replace my beloved golf as she's getting to that stage.

My car is the second car, used almost exclusively as my commuting car but v occasionally needs to also house tall DH and 2 x dds who are 6/7 but only generally for short runs.

I have a 45 minute commute everyday, half motorway, half horrid traffic.

Key considerations are safety and economy. I listen to radio 2 and get cold so am happy with simplicity inside smile. I park in an open car park where people have a relaxed approach to scratching and bumping so don't want to spend too much on something pretty.

I am a 'nippy' driver (or girl racer as DH terms me) so will get grumpy if there isn't a bit of poke.

Reviews suggest citigo or Hyundai l10 however am wondering if maybe I should consider the next size up so fiesta/l20 or fabia?

I want second hand but do intend to run it into the ground as I do all my cars so not older than 4 years old and lowish mileage. I don't really want to spend more than 5k.

Any recs/suggestions/warnings?

Sirzy Thu 13-Apr-17 15:58:24

I have a corsa which is great and very nippy

LapdanceShoeshine Thu 13-Apr-17 16:08:34

www.whatcar.com/news/best-used-city-cars-for-less-than-5000-pounds/

City car recommendations - includes i10 & the Kia equivalent, Picanto

You'll get balance of 7 years warranty with a Kia (we've had 2 ceeds - i30 equivalent - very happy with both)

LapdanceShoeshine Thu 13-Apr-17 16:12:14

www.whatcar.com/news/best-used-small-cars-for-5000-pounds/

Same thing for small cars - includes Fiesta & Fabia - no Hyundai or Kia though...

justinelibertine Thu 13-Apr-17 16:18:34

I have a 1.2 hyundai i20. I went from a 1.4 volkswagen fox. So similar to you. My i20 is very reliable as a runaround, but has no power whatsoever. It's very slow getting going from a junction and find I end up over revving cos of lack of power.
Also tends to be stally in the wet.

PolterGoose Thu 13-Apr-17 16:29:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now