Need some 7-seater, 3+isofix car thoughts!

(14 Posts)
TwinsAreComing Wed 05-Apr-17 22:50:53

Hi
We already have a daughter who will be 2 in a few weeks and have identical twins due around August time.
We're needing to look for a new car that can hold the 5 of us day to day (small journeys), cover the occasional adverse conditions where horses are, and comfortable for long journeys if required.
Don't mind it being used (<10yrs) as new would cost too much. But want something reliable/not expensive to run.
And would obviously prefer all rear seats to be ISOfix - but aware that in many bigger cars, last 2 seats often don't have isofix and/or middle of middle row either doesn't or it's pretty tight to squeeze a car seat into.
Thoughts/ideas/advice is all welcome!!

Sorry for very long post!

Thanks

Confused of Scotlandconfused

EatsShitAndLeaves Wed 05-Apr-17 22:57:41

Have you seen these OP?

You might not need a new car....

https://multimac.co.uk/p/superclub33_seater_1200

EatsShitAndLeaves Wed 05-Apr-17 23:20:09

If you do need a 7 seater the Volvo XC90 always does well in reviews and you'd get the benefit of a 4x4 for horse access.

Not clear on your budget but I've had a quick look on the Volvo site and they have used models 2011, 70k miles starting at £17k and a 2014 with 34K miles @ £24k.

You can probably get a far better deal than that though.

Congratulations btw grin

TwinsAreComing Wed 05-Apr-17 23:21:23

Thanks for that. I'll look properly tomorrow.
Will likely have to change cars anyway as the 2 we have are getting on a bit and we don't really need both - so sell, combine and spend to save!

TwinsAreComing Wed 05-Apr-17 23:22:55

Cheers for second post as well.
Seen that car earlier. Bit out of our budget unfortunately.
Your an looks good but not many for sale (locally)

And thanks for the congrats. Fun times ahead!

helensburgh Wed 05-Apr-17 23:25:48

Something like a seat alhambra would be great

TwinsPlusAnotherTwo Sun 09-Apr-17 17:50:14

We have a multimac - it was the only way we could fit 4dc and a double buggy in our existing 7-seater! It solved our immediate problem, but I can't say I love it.

In the past we've hired an S-max and I was really impressed. 3 full size seats in the middle row. We also had my eldest in a boot seat and still fitted in all our holiday luggage for the 6 of us.

Alhambra and Zafira cars are popular with folk in my twins club who have an older dc.

LillyLollyLandy Sun 09-Apr-17 19:25:00

We have an smax, love it. Comfortably fits 3 seats in the back plus two in the boot.

If you want isofix in all seats then the only car I know of that has this is the Audi Q7. There must be others though...

Ojoj1974 Sun 09-Apr-17 19:29:54

I had a Chrysler grand voyager which was superb for a young family. We have down sized now they are older but I would have another one.
If you don't want something so big my MIL has a new fab 7 seater Mazda. I would also look at that.
Of course there's the Volvo XC90 and discovery

TessTube Sun 09-Apr-17 19:38:03

We've just got A Peugeot 5008 and if does the job and you can pick up and older ones fairly cheaply.

We managed to get the baby in until no2 needed a booster in our standard size car but we really needed the larger one then.

TessTube Sun 09-Apr-17 19:38:29

We have 3 isofix points.

dontpokethebear Sun 09-Apr-17 19:42:01

We have an s-max and it has 3 isofix points.

dontpokethebear Sun 09-Apr-17 19:43:36

Urgh pressed post too early.

The three back seats move forward and back independently, so you can have them staggered. Iyswim?

FreedomMummy Sun 09-Apr-17 19:46:51

This link will show you which cars have 3 isofix points.
We have an S-Max ourselves and it's a great sized car. You can put three car seats across the back and then there is the option of the boot seats if needed. Plenty of space in the boot for double buggies, bikes, scooter etc. Happy hunting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now