Alhambra vs Galaxy

(8 Posts)
No1blueengine Fri 31-Mar-17 09:07:01

we currently have a Kia Sedona which is a complete POS. It has developed what i have called a death rattle which the mechanic cant locate. As this is the latest in a long line of repairs, we are ditching it.

Currently torn between the Seat Alhambra or the Ford Galaxy. Looking at 14/15 models, possibly 16 if we find a good deal. We have around 20k to spend.

We have 4 kids - 3 under 7 and 1 14 y/o. We do at least two big road trips a year and lots of weekend running around.

The Seat looks refined and a bit more classy than your average MVP which are uniformly bland and unexciting. The Galaxy seems tried and tested which is appealing after the money pit that was the Sedona. The redesign in the 2015 model seems to have upgraded its internal specs more inline with the Seat but it is still so..pedestrian.

I realise neither are going to produce seat of your pants driving thrills but it would be nice to have a little bit of style.

Any advice on which one we should focus on?

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 31-Mar-17 13:21:32

No actual advice but we've just ordered the SEAT. Hoping it's going to be ok!

somewhereovertherain Fri 31-Mar-17 20:53:44

There're pretty much the same car.

No1blueengine Sat 01-Apr-17 17:02:50

well we through caution to the wind this afternoon and got the Galaxy on the basis that it is basically the same car but with loads more features as standard.

PaddedRoomForOnePlease Tue 25-Apr-17 19:48:38

Do you have your new car yet No1Blueengine? I'm also trying decide between these two (older used versions) and wondered how you were finding the Galaxy.

We want a large square boot for camping stuff and Ikea trips plus a decent sized middle seat for occasional third car seats.

RandomMess Tue 25-Apr-17 19:50:01

I would have gone for the seat for the sliding door alone!

No1blueengine Tue 25-Apr-17 21:39:54

yes had it for a while now. I love it. we went for the titanium version and it is lovely. i am suprised by how much it drives like a car as opposed to a truck like the kia.

i can fit 3 kids easily across the back seat and two teens in the very back and still fit a sandwich fold buggy in the boot.

sliding doors would have been nice but i think we made the right decision for us.

PaddedRoomForOnePlease Tue 25-Apr-17 22:05:33

Thanks for that, sliding doors seem great but do limit my options. I've just been looking at insurance etc and it looks like we can only afford a VW Touran from my shortlist anyway. I liked the look of the reclining seats in the Galaxy, oh well sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now