Too short for an Audi?

(3 Posts)
Koosh90 Mon 27-Mar-17 19:18:26

Starting my driving lessons soon (eeek!) and the car I've always loved and wanted has been the Audi A4.
However, I'm only 4'6" and while speaking to a friend who used to drive one, he said I'd be too short to drive an Audi safely and should go for a sedan instead.
I guess I kind of thought I could just pay for alterations and sit on a cushion if needed, but does anyone know if it would be impossible for me to drive one?
Feeling kind of deflated.

Pilotguy Mon 17-Apr-17 23:31:01

The A4 comes as a "sedan", saloon in the U.K. market as well as the estate version. Both have exactly the same seating position (fully adjustable) and steering wheel adjustment so I'd suggest you book a test drive to see if you are happy with it. For a slightly smaller Audi The A3 saloon is a good looking car, as is the A3 Sportback, so it's worth having a look at those.

Interiordespair Mon 17-Apr-17 23:34:36

You can have pedal extensions fitted to cars which will allow you to maintain a save driving position. Avoid cushions if you can because they will bring your chest closer to the steering wheel which is not good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now