Mercedes A Class Automatic - stalling and losing power - anyone else had this?!

(5 Posts)
StarUtopia Sun 19-Mar-17 19:28:41

So bought a 10 yr old one last week. Luckily from a garage so under 3 month warranty.

But twice now it has lost power whilst I"m driving - feels akin to having run out of petrol - the car literally just starts stopping.

Also, as you're breaking at a junction, it stalls ! I thought it was supposed to be impossible to stall an automatic car?!

Garage is coming out tomorrow to have a look (hopefully run some diagnostics) but wondering if anyone else has had this and knows what it could be please?

Rainmaker1 Mon 20-Mar-17 08:31:15

Could be all sorts of things, likely a sensor. Best bet would be to try and get a refund, a 10 year old auto A class requires some serious brave pills!

StarUtopia Mon 20-Mar-17 20:26:57

It is a faulty sensor! Been replaced today. Fingers crossed that is going to fix things.

Sadly, I can't just get a refund. That's the budget. That's what you get for £1000! A 10+ yr old car.

Rainmaker1 Tue 21-Mar-17 08:44:36

Glad it's fixed, though I would've pushed for a refund and bought something like a Honda Civic.

StarUtopia Tue 21-Mar-17 20:45:45

It's mainly for the school run - this is the long wheel base so it's perfect for two preschoolers getting themselves in and out of one side of the car smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now