Zafira/7 seater help

(6 Posts)
missmove38 Wed 15-Mar-17 14:35:09

Hi, knowing there are lots of mums and family's on here I wondered if I could pick some brains.
I have over the years built up to getting a new zafira tourer. Love it..that was until I found out it has some filter in (diesel) and is supposed to be used for long distance driving. I've complained as I broke down and it is still playing up and Vauxhall have said really the car needs to be changed to a petrol.
What I'm wondering is how many of you have the tourer in petrol. I need something with a bit of oomph behind it as am in it a lot.
If any of you have it in diesel do they all have these filters? I'm not getting a straight answer from Vauxhall?
If not I'm looking at an s-max but there aren't any round me that aren't 3 times the price for what I've got at the moment.
Help please!
Thanks

Rainmaker1 Wed 15-Mar-17 18:34:51

You don't say which diesel engine it has, so difficult to compare with the performance of the petrols (they're all pretty sluggish though so I doubt it makes much difference). Most modern diesels will have a DPF these days which are generally unsuited to lots of short journeys.

Confuzzlediddled Wed 15-Mar-17 18:37:56

Not a zafira but I've got a Mazda 5, it's got the fold down seats line the zafira, 2l petrol engine so decent to drive.

JaneEyre70 Wed 15-Mar-17 18:46:05

My DD had a diesel Vauxhall Astra that her DH drove to work (6 miles each way) - it wasn't enough to clear out the DPF (diesel particle filter) every day, so it kept breaking down and going into safe mode max speed 30mph. It got so ridiculous that she tried to claim against the salesman that sold it them as clearly they didn't do enough mileage to warrant a diesel car. All modern diesels have them, DH has a Golf and drives at least 50 miles a day and he's never had an issue with his. DD has now got a petrol Zafira and swears she'd never buy another diesel car ever. She did get a discount from Vauxhall on exchanging the car.

JaneEyre70 Wed 15-Mar-17 18:47:25

Forgot to say her petrol Zafira is a 1600l petrol and she's never had any issues with it, it's economical and has enough power for everyday driving.

missmove38 Thu 16-Mar-17 09:14:52

Hi thanks for the replies.
Rainmaker it's a 1.9 eco version. I've had petrols before and yes they can be sluggish so not overly keen on going back but can't have this issue.

Jane yes that's exactly what's happening to mine. The sales guy is saying he discussed with me the DPF but I can assure 100% that he didn't. I've had 4 of these cars previously I've the years and wouldn't have bought it knowing it's not suitable.
I've asked Vauxhall the option of a trade but tbh it's the cost again, I spent a lot buying it but swings and roundabouts is that I'll have cost with this one so?!
Nightmare tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now