Privacy glass?

(8 Posts)
Wolfiefan Sun 05-Mar-17 16:53:33

Looking at replacing my car. I've put a deposit on a people carrier. The dealer has offered to supply privacy glass. Anyone have it?
I am tempted as it may keep the car cooler and the sun out of the kids eyes. It may also help the dog to settle on longer journeys.
Worried it could really compromise visibility. May put up insurance if we change the original spec. Can the kids see out at all (safari parks could be ruined!!)
Any advice welcome.

eurochick Sun 05-Mar-17 17:01:19

You can see out fine.

Wolfiefan Sun 05-Mar-17 18:47:38

Thanks eurochick.

ThatsNumberWanggg Sun 05-Mar-17 18:50:16

I have it, it's great. Wouldn't have a car without it to be honest.

PickAChew Sun 05-Mar-17 18:52:13

Back windows, fine. I love sitting in the back of our car.

Question it if they offer front windows, though.

Wolfiefan Sun 05-Mar-17 18:57:59

No. Just back windows and boot. Was more concerned about not being able to see out of the back window.
TBH the dog is the main reason to do it!! In my car she sits up to look out. In a friend's van she lies down and nods off!

ThatsNumberWanggg Sun 05-Mar-17 19:12:13

Your dog will still be able to see out though. My dog is a nightmare for barking at dogs walking along the pavement when she's in the boot of my car.

ThatsNumberWanggg Sun 05-Mar-17 19:13:15

You can't really tell that the windows are tinted from the inside of the car though and mine are quite dark from the outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now