Does Branded Fuel Make A Difference?

(6 Posts)
user1488226356 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:22:27

Hi there, my name is Melissa and I'm a student from Falmouth and I thought this I would use this forum to get some answers for my research project. I'm doing a survey on where people buy their fuel and why. There's a link down below feel free to answer and share.

msharpe.typeform.com/to/pRhnQN

Thanks! Also if you want to see the results of my project, please comment your email address in the survey.

Wishiwasmoiradingle2017 Mon 27-Feb-17 20:26:20

Cheap fuel doesn't contain cleaners needed to make fuel injectors function fully so more costly fuel is more cost effective in the long term running costs of the car. I used cheaper and needed injectors cleaned twice in a short space of time!!

lovelyupnorth Mon 27-Feb-17 20:28:33

Haven't had any issues in using supermarket fuel in any of our fleet.

lljkk Mon 27-Feb-17 20:59:42

Ah, well, we did a bit of monitoring.
We got higher mpg from the branded fuel, but the lower price of the supermarket generic meant we got more miles per £ from the cheapo stuff, iyswim.

WigglyWooWorm Mon 27-Feb-17 21:00:50

We use asda as it's cheap and nearby. Never had a problem so far.

Rainmaker1 Tue 28-Feb-17 17:14:11

Yes it does. All fuel leaves the same refineries but have different additive packs based on brand. Personally, the only widely available fuels that I can use in the U.K. are Tesco Momentum 99 and Shell V Power. Nothing else is suitable for my car.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now