Does everybody want an SMax??

(6 Posts)
Mumof3cheeky Sun 26-Feb-17 18:40:52

I have a 63 plate smax zetec which I got after its first birthday with a down payment of 4500 and car value of 17K (I know I got a good deal) I'm paying £163 a month for the last 3 years. as it's now out of warranty I'm looking at changing it but I don't seem to find a roughly year old around 23K worth without paying over £300a month or dealers who are slightly interested at all. Does anybody know why?? Is it because the new ones are just about to come out or is it because there is a huge amount of interest for them??? Or is it me being naive and thinking paying around £250 for it is just not realistic?? I'm baffled 😕!!!

Rainmaker1 Tue 28-Feb-17 18:03:23

How much do you owe on your current car?

Mumof3cheeky Tue 28-Feb-17 19:55:13

poorbuthappy Tue 28-Feb-17 19:57:47

Isn't it because they've just brought out the new model?

EggysMom Tue 28-Feb-17 20:06:55

I think the new model came out in 2015/6.

Having driven both (older model until summer 2016, then new model since - motability) my recommendation is that you stick to the older model. The newer model seems to have less poke in the engine, and has a stupid electronic handbrake.

Rainmaker1 Wed 01-Mar-17 08:00:36

What deposit are your quotes based on? Guess there's about £1k equity in your current car. Not convinced you got that good a deal TBH, would say that was pretty average.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now