Car Giant

(5 Posts)
cavaliercleo Fri 10-Feb-17 08:19:01

Has anyone bought a car from Car Giant, the huge car supermarket in N London? They have a specific car in stock that isn't currently available anywhere else (in my chosen colour) but am nervous about buying from there after reading some terrible reviews. There are also some good ones and I know people are most likely to review after a bad experience but wondered if any MNers had bought from there? It's about a 2 hour drive so I can't just pop down there easily. Thank you.

Grotbagsstinkyarmpits Fri 10-Feb-17 08:46:54

We bought a car from there four years ago and all was fine. I remember being worried about it too, but our experience was all ok. Car is still running with no issues.

Is there anything specific that you're worried about or just having read reviews?

cavaliercleo Fri 10-Feb-17 11:12:20

Glad you had no problems. Just from the reviews - car condition not as described, service history on print out rather than in book, near the limit tyres, additional fees on day - their admin fee is clear but I gather they charge a % for using a debit card (not just a credit card), how else are you supposed to pay? Also low part ex valuations (mine won't be worth much, but need a bit). Waiting hours to be seen but I would go on a week day when less busy. I don't need finance so that element not a problem.

Grotbagsstinkyarmpits Sat 11-Feb-17 12:34:24

We went and viewed the car a couple of times before buying and did some online research too. Maybe we were lucky but it was a fairly straightforward process for us.

I can't remember about the fee for using a card to be honest, but it's not ideal that you get an additional fee whichever way you pay.

It sounds as though you have done your homework though and I would just be really thorough with them when you go and visit and check everything.

cavaliercleo Sun 12-Feb-17 10:32:03

Thank you, sounds like it's worth a visit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now