new car ideas! needs to be labrador and 2 kids friendly

(16 Posts)
Mossop17 Tue 17-Jan-17 20:38:42

hey all, i need help! ive had a focus estate great for kids and labrador but i often got stuck parking it (no sensors) and it always felt like driving a whale around, i've had smaller cars like 306 and fiesta and loved the small feel. Ive now got a 207sw so more of an estate but also smaller than one. I want a newer car, one that has everything working and doesn't cut out at roundabouts! it needs to fit 2 kids 10 and 7 and a labrador in the boot. Not too expensive or a really good pcp deal as the idea of paying monthly scares the bejeus out of me! suggestions please! ive got 6 months to work out which is the right car for our needs. ( i love quirky cars too would love a beetle or a fiat 500! but neither are practical for what we need!)

GameofPhones Tue 17-Jan-17 20:50:59

I was looking for a car that would resist dog hairs, ie rubber not carpet flooring. Settled on the Fiat Qubo or (bigger family car) Citroen Berlingo, Both utilitarian, ie not elegant so fairly quirky. Have not bought either yet, but kept on my list under review.

Mossop17 Tue 17-Jan-17 21:14:34

berlingos are quite van esque arent they? wouldnt be a bad thing as we tend to ship large things around! i hate to admit it but i kinda regret getting rid of the focus but there were many things wrong with it! never heard of the fiat qubo so will have a google, thanks for your reply

GameofPhones Tue 17-Jan-17 22:48:00

Yes both are based on vans, and have sliding doors which I think must be useful.

Manumission Tue 17-Jan-17 22:53:31

Passat estate?

tooearlytobeup Tue 17-Jan-17 22:59:59

I have a mini clubman. Large dog fits in the boot comfortably and two kids in the back (I have teenagers, but 3 younger kids would fit)

Mossop17 Wed 18-Jan-17 07:12:57

thank you! a mini clubman looks good, and not one i would of thought of, it has the quirkyness and space! keep the ideas coming please! if im going to spend it needs to be just right

Mossop17 Wed 18-Jan-17 07:21:29

ah just spotted the clubman has only 2 seats in the back, occasionally i need 2 kids plus 1 adult or 3 kids in the back. i want a big capacity car thats not too long, with a lowish boot so labrador can jump in and out unaided (hes very heavy!)

dotdash Wed 18-Jan-17 07:25:58

I had a very elderly focus estate. We bought a Kuga last year.
I love it! It is a good size, and it has parking sensors.

1004Rise Wed 18-Jan-17 07:48:19

Skoda Octavia, huge inside doesn't feel as big on the outside (but get parking sensors on the front as well as the back) Labrador and Golden Retriever friendly and not even the estate version grin

tooearlytobeup Wed 18-Jan-17 08:30:04

Clubman has 3 seat belts, 2 1/2 seats in the back. I've had 3 9 year olds in the back without a problem, but it wouldn't fit 3 car seats. I changed to this from a much larger car (7 seats) and haven't found it a problem. My dog is 30kg if that helps with size. I do take the parcel shelf out though

tooearlytobeup Wed 18-Jan-17 08:32:40

And had two adult size teenagers / 1 child in the back seat. Not loads of room, but they fit safely.

Mossop17 Fri 20-Jan-17 22:16:03

i like the kuga look but its a bit puffed up and high for me i think im only short! and not sure about the dog jumping into the boot, will look again at the octavia, another question is gap insurance a thing you can have if you have HP as apposed to PCP?

YummyMummyBunny Tue 24-Jan-17 13:33:29

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

YummyMummyBunny Tue 24-Jan-17 13:33:53

YummyMummyBunny Tue 24-Jan-17 13:34:32

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now